Biostar TB250 PRO starts for a second and shuts off immediately.

Aug 16, 2018
Need help. I've got 2x Biostar TB250 pro mobos. I've tested with 4 different psus, dual 1000 watts and also tested with dual 1600 watts. Tested with pci connected. I also tested with mobo dvi only no pci connections. No matter what, the mobo fires up for 1 sec enough to quickly spin fans and then dies completely. Both boards have done this. All psus tested good. Should I just scrap Biostar and go back to Asus? Never had this problem. I'm even running single 1600 watt on a Asus mining expert. Not one problem with boot. I don't want to hear it is not enough juice. Mobo alone with no pci slots only should be pulling max 350 watts at post with an i7-7800. I know this because I have a killawatt and another system to prove it.

Solution
Never seen a motherboard post and go into bios without a compatible CPU installed. There are boards that allow you to flash the bios without a cpu(usb bios flashback) but not actually enter the bios. The i7 7800 is socket 2066 and will not work in any socket 1151 motherboard.
Aug 16, 2018
Okay so here is what I've found so far. I bought 2 biostar and 1 asus mining expert from Amazon. I checked manufacturer serials. They are all refurbished boards sold as brand new from amazon but sold at full price. I even just had the asus b250 die on me today from amazon sold as new, been running five for 30 days. Again called manufacturer and sure enough the serial comes up as a remanufactured board at the end of its warranty.

I tested with 5 different power supplies 1600watt. How could there be a short? I'm testing board cpu, ram, psu only no pcie and still no power. Installed in an open 12 gpu rack. Asus said the board supposedly does not support 7800 but they did say that even with the cpu removed, I should still be able to get to bios. The board is dead regardless. Sending back. I'm fed up with bad boards. I'm going with gigabyte b250 fintech from newegg. I'll let you know how it goes.

bignastyid

Titan
Never seen a motherboard post and go into bios without a compatible CPU installed. There are boards that allow you to flash the bios without a cpu(usb bios flashback) but not actually enter the bios. The i7 7800 is socket 2066 and will not work in any socket 1151 motherboard.

Solution