Question Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0 doesn't support more than 4 GPUs for mining ?

Aug 2, 2021
I bought Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0 for mining with 12 GPUs. When I plugged in 4 cards with risers it has got no problem. If I add even 1 more card ( so 5 or more GPUs plugged in), bios gives error "PCI OUT OF RESOURCES CONDITION: ERROR: Insufficient PCI Resources detected!!!" I read many forum made some changes on bios configuration but it didn't help. Any idea about solving the problem? ( my mining cards are 3060 Ti)

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU's : make, model, wattage, age, condition? How are the PSUs connected to the motherboard and mining GPUs?

This motherboard?

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=1031

Double check the specs and end user documentation (User Guide/Manual) for the motherboard.

The motherboard may indeed support 12 GPU's but the specific conditions and requirements for doing so should be presented/provided in full detail.

Somewhere.

Key being "what PCI resources"?

I got this far:

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/mb_overview_new.php?S_ID=927&MODEL=TB360-BTC_PRO

Nothing helpful there provided that I did not miss something.

For the most part, pending further information, I would expect a power related problem.

Aug 2, 2021
I have two new Seasonic Focus GX-1000 psu to power the board and card. The motherboard is as you linked above. Actually to have power related problem looks like not possible.

edjm1971

Honorable
Oct 19, 2015
I bought Biostar TB360-BTC PRO 2.0 for mining with 12 GPUs. When I plugged in 4 cards with risers it has got no problem. If I add even 1 more card ( so 5 or more GPUs plugged in), bios gives error "PCI OUT OF RESOURCES CONDITION: ERROR: Insufficient PCI Resources detected!!!" I read many forum made some changes on bios configuration but it didn't help. Any idea about solving the problem? ( my mining cards are 3060 Ti)
Have you had any luck with getting this working with >4 gpu?
I've been battling this all week. Just sent in a help request from BIOStar.
I would really like to know how they support this claim of 12GPU with just 2ATX connections. I would like to see a video on how they powered this thing. With 2 ATX psu I could only barely connect 4GPU. I purchased a server psu with breakout board and hooked up a 5th GPU but it does not show up for OS. At boot time I can see it as working with no Error warning on the BIOS display of the motherboard.

edjm1971

Honorable
Oct 19, 2015
FINALLY got this working with > 4 GPU
After days of struggling to get this working I tracked down the issue.

Normally I'm looking at the Device Manager application listing for any issues with devices. The devices were all listed. The devices when I right click and say update driver would state that it has the latest driver.
So nothing seemed out of line there. But system would not let me use 5 cards, sometimes just shut down and auto reboot.

Finally I went into the System Information > Problem Devices
Here listed were all of my cards as having driver problems.

I went back into the Device Manager and uninstalled all of the GPU devices except for the primary one, then rescanned for hardware changes. Took a few minutes, then selected device and updated the driver. The system took a few minutes to get these done but now I can see all 5 cards and am able to mine with the 5 cards I have.

Hope this helps someone.

Sep 25, 2021
HI,

Please try to get the option "CSM support disabled" in BIOS setup and press F10 to save BIOS settiing. i hope it helps

Regards,
K.Siva

Sep 26, 2021
FINALLY got this working with > 4 GPU
After days of struggling to get this working I tracked down the issue.

Normally I'm looking at the Device Manager application listing for any issues with devices. The devices were all listed. The devices when I right click and say update driver would state that it has the latest driver.
So nothing seemed out of line there. But system would not let me use 5 cards, sometimes just shut down and auto reboot.

Finally I went into the System Information > Problem Devices
Here listed were all of my cards as having driver problems.

I went back into the Device Manager and uninstalled all of the GPU devices except for the primary one, then rescanned for hardware changes. Took a few minutes, then selected device and updated the driver. The system took a few minutes to get these done but now I can see all 5 cards and am able to mine with the 5 cards I have.

Hope this helps someone.
How do you get to that screen though? Mine wont go past the error screen and only boots up properly when i remove the 5th gpu

edjm1971

Honorable
Oct 19, 2015
How do you get to that screen though? Mine wont go past the error screen and only boots up properly when i remove the 5th gpu
It sounds like you might be having a different issue. I have not had that issue at boot up.
I've actually been struggling relentlessly with this MB and at this point am so close to taking a sledgehammer to it.

I just got this system back online yesterday but am only able to run 3 cards now.
I have no Freaking idea why it is so difficult.
When I had it running with the 5 cards it was using AMD 17.2 version. Now it won't run more than 3. I've so far tried updating to the 18.2 version. That did not help. I even up my Virtual RAM to 72GB and that did not help. Windows is set to NOT auto update.

My brother in-law has 6 rigs running some chinese fkn knockoff board and cpu and minimal issues to what I've dealt with these past 2 months. This BIOSTAR has sucked the enjoyment out of me for getting into this mining stuff.

I'm going to go back through these posts I have made as well as others I have read to see if I can find something to help.

Tempted to just let Microsoft do it's updates to see what happens because running 3 GPU when I plan on running 8 just is not worth the hassle.

edjm1971

Honorable
Oct 19, 2015
Hope this helps someone else as well who is looking for similar issues.
This is my setup.

CSM is not enabled.
Windows 10
BIOSTAR Group TB360-BTC PRO
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (Yes I know total overkill, but I had planned on using his system as well for development before building a new Desktop)
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500GB
2 AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Saphire
2 AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT ASUS
1 AMD Radeon RX 6800 MSI
Video Driver: v27.20.22025.1006
RAM 32GB
EVGA 1300 Gold
HP 1200 server psu

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021
This is my setup.

CSM is not enabled.
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (Yes I know total overkill, but I had planned on using his system as well for development before building a new Desktop)
1 AMD Radeon RX 6800 MSI
RAM 32GB
EVGA 1300 Gold
HP 1200 server psu

I tried everything you posted above and its useless, it wont allow me to run more than 4 gpus. I basically got this 5th one for no reason, i might just look into a different motherboard

Sep 26, 2021
I tried everything you posted above and its useless, it wont allow me to run more than 4 gpus. I basically got this 5th one for no reason, i might just look into a different motherboard
This is my setup.

CSM is not enabled.
Windows 10
1 AMD Radeon RX 6800 MSI
RAM 32GB
EVGA 1300 Gold
HP 1200 server psu

When i add the 5th i keep getting the "PCI OUT OF RESOURCES CONDITION: ERROR: Insufficient PCI Resources detected!!!"

Nov 18, 2021
SOLUTION

I had the same problem and I solved it by flashing the bios with the previous version. The latest update version of the bios is the one that generates this problem.
Test with version: B36FF505.BSS

enabled 4g encoding and pcie gen 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY