Biostar To Showcase Intel 100-Series Chipsets At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
How many m.2 is that? 3 or 4? I'm disappointed in 3 sata express, A) there are still no sata express drives, and they're already made obsolete by pci-e nvme B) that's only 6 standard sata, I'd want at least 8.

ykki

Honorable
When you say that the h170 matches the features of the z170, is SLI also included in those features? To my knowledge h97 doesn't support SLI and it would be great to see the h170 boards to support SLI because then we can pair Xeons with these new h-series mobos and still have that upgrade path option.

Ps= That is a good lookin' board. Biostar doesn't mess around by putting too much useless things on the mobo. Wonder what it will look like when all the heat-sinks are put into place.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015

If you're right about the h97 then SLI isn't supported on h97 because the lanes can't be split to 8/8. Skylake should have more lanes, so two pci-e connectors at 16/8 should be possible without spliting. Depends on the board though, we'll just have to wait and see.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Skylake just has 4 extra lanes, which will almost always be dedicated to NVME storage.

Broadwell = 16 lanes
Haswell= 16 Lanes
Haswell-E= 40 lanes
Haswell E 5820k= 28 Lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.