Biostar TPower I 45 motherboard

waterhoze

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I have been researching Gigabyte and Asus mother boards for a new build. I want to purchase a
solid motherboard requiring little if any involved tweaking. The system will use Vista home premium 64bit, a quad core
and 4 gb ram. It has been about 5 years since my last build, from the many forums I have viewed, It seems
to be an art to get a stable system such as I want to build in way of motherboard and memory.
I have seen various reports of the Biostar TPower I45 as a dependable 'plug and play'. Please, if any thoughts
to my best bet at choosing a motherboard and memory and having a stable system.
some concerns:
the mushkin memory I am considering ( mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800, 4-4-4-12 and
2.0v-2.1v) will I be able to plug both sticks in and have stability, to install vista?

Any users experience with the Biostar TPower I 45? Need some good recommendations, price range up to $250~

waterhoze

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
"What exactly do you plan with this rig? Gaming? Need CrossFire/SLI? FireWire? RAID"

Gaming, video editing, firewire no crossfire/sli or raid.
Want the q9650 quad w/ 4 gb memory. Primarily want a motherboard and ram combination that will work with automatic settings. Get the O.S. set up, latter possibly overclock and tweak (with forums help)

BababooeyHTJ

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
I just got this board and am not very happy with it. Its only good for high fsb 2d stable dual core clocks. You cant fine tune the gtl refs which limits my clocks, I cant imagine what this would do for quad. The increments in voltage are HUGE like 0.10, 0.15,0.20, etc, same thing with the vtt. It really limits the highest possible 24/7 100% stable clocks. Volt for volt this is a terrible clocker because of this. It also has ALOT of issues with memory clocking. I wish I kept my Asus P5Q deluxe (had to rma it). I advise anyone on here who owns (or has ever owned this board) to send an email to biostar and request some bios support for these issues.