Biostar TZ77XE3 can't enter bios (CMOS fail)

G

Hi,

So I just recently replaced my Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with a Biostar TZ77XE3 because the former had boot loop issues. I didn't reinstall windows, and when I power up the machine, after the splash screen it says "CPU changed. Enter BIOS setup by pressing DEL" (something along those lines), and then under that it says "CMOS fail, press DEL to enter BIOS".

During this time, pressing DEL does nothing. After this screen dissapears, Windows 7 boots normally.

It is just an inconvenience not being able to enter BIOS, how do I fix this? Thanks

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Whats your CPU ?

G

Oh sorry, I forgot to post my system specs.

Intel i5 2500k @ stock speed
ATI Radeon 5870x2 1GB Crossfired
16GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
Biostar Z77XE3, up from the previous Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
1050W HP XW9300 Workstation OEM PSU

G

How would I reset my BIOS settings? No keys at that screen do anything.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Look the previous mobo was a z68 whereas this one is a z77.anyway you better first check for the cmos jumper for at least entering the bios. replace the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 keep for 30-40 secs and replace it to previous position.be sure to do this with power off.then let us know whether you can get in the bios....

G

How would I reset the jumper/short the terminals? Is it safe to do so, or can it make my Windows inaccessible? As of yet, even though I can't access the bios, Windows runs pretty much perfectly after it boots. I wouldn't want it to not be able to boot into Windows after the reset.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Do not worry ...replacing cmos jumpers in the right manner with power off or shorting the battery won't damage your system...personally I suggest to not use the latter technique unless your mainboard is used for a considerable bit of time. Coming to your question...look out for the rightmost end of your mainboard ..there should be 2 jumpers..each only covering 2 of the 3 pins.Do what i said before to the upper jumper.

Understanding from my reply if becomes difficult or you do not find the jumpers in the position i said (mAYBE in some mainboard) google search the topic 'cmos jumper replacement' and you will get lots of visual ideas....Let us know if you are succesful in entering bios.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

No first try disconnecting the OS source (HDD/SSD)....Then go for the Battery issue.. Hoping that you did the jumper replacement correctly....