BioWare Makes Dragon Age 3 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Given this guy's background, he seems like someone who can contribute to making DA3 as good if not better than DA:0. DA3:Inquisition - Investigate the reasoning behind DA2 being so bad.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
"We are going to be as open as we can," he added. "We will continue to have a dialogue with you and answer what questions we can."

Sounds good. Then it's followed up immediately by this little gem -

"I know this is going to be hard to believe, but it is just as hard for me not to tell you stuff as it is for you to wait."

Ummmm. . . what? You really want to talk to us, but you're not going to talk to us. Brilliant plan! Difficult to see how Bioware has slipped so far with solid logic like that.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
After DA2, I'll have to wait for the reviews to come before putting down my money. I hope they fix it so that there's no ingame adverts for DLCs. The one thing I hated so much was being totally immersed inside the story of the game, and then suddenly something needs a DLC. Way to spoil the moment.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]chairman ray[/nom]After DA2, I'll have to wait for the reviews to come before putting down my money. I hope they fix it so that there's no ingame adverts for DLCs. The one thing I hated so much was being totally immersed inside the story of the game, and then suddenly something needs a DLC. Way to spoil the moment.[/citation]

LOL too this , i skiped on DA 2 because of a particular reviewer's review on the game. but yeah DA:O also had that in it some and i just wanted to punch my monitor when it came up. hoenstly i've gotten sick of bioware's marriage to EA more than any thing . their games were much better back when they were with atari.

aleobul

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Working through DA: Origins right now. It's OK I guess but I finish a section and don't get back to it for extended periods of time because it's just not very compelling. I did just recently pick up DAII even with the reviews that said don't bother because it was soooo cheap. I'm anticipating it being less than memorable, but worth $7.50. Bioware is trashing everything they touch so if they follow true to form DAIII may be the biggest loser ever.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
So take the things we used to do i.e. Baldur's Gate II then apply it something new and get high praise. DA:Origins was good, and why they went the route of DA:2? They had a decent formula, hopefully this will be worth the money when it comes out.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I pray to the Thunder Gods that the Elder Scrolls franchise does not fall in to this sort of thinking... It's been years and years since I have been so immersed within a game as I am with Skyrim.

[citation][nom]uglynerdman[/nom]my biggest problem is their dlc. i feel like i gotta pay way more to get a complete game. not an expansion to my current game.[/citation]
For both 1 & 2 I waited for the ultimate/goty edition (whatever they call it). That way you get the game, with all the expansions, and most of the major flaws patched up and you can actually enjoy the game... well, you could enjoy #1 anyways. I kept hoping #2 was going to just have the city as the first 'section' of the game... when I realized I was just going to be replaying the same areas over and over I was pretty disappointed. Not a bad story overall, but it would have made a much better book than video game.

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
The name "Inquisition" probably aims to the conflict between Templars and Mages. Again. DA2 was inferior in every way compared to DAO. I really hope they can turn the saga around.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
It is from EA, I am not surprise for their DLC "farming" player's wallet on day 1 release. BF3 is my last EA game until they start being generous again.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Hmm bet this won't hit steam, too bad I might have bought it if so and if the DRM wasn't obnocious. I like the original DA but never got to play DA2 because it was pulled from steam before I bought it and I refuse to instal things with a disc or use another service (too many games and for everything you can say about steam in general it just freaking works and when you do a reinstal of the OS all you have to do is copy over steam apps folder)

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]hate machine[/nom]Dragon Age III: Now with 50% more on disc DLC that you have to pay to unlock![/citation]
pretty sure they will have less DLCs than Gearbox games

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i really liked da2's story the closeness to all the characters. i disliked the lack of enviroments, reusing same levels, no choice of armor etc and on nightmare well... npcs on your side can instantly kill you if theyre not controlled you. the end battle? friendly fire made fenris like insta kill my character randomly. he was so powerful i had to command my team to stay away from the fight except at range!

Status
Not open for further replies.