BioWare Talks Mass Effect 3 Demo Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Mass Effect is hard for me to put down until I'm actually done with the game.. or accomplished something major. A Demo, I'm afraid, would just leave me feeling teased... and I hate being teased. But it's good they do this considering some of the minor blunders as of late.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
im a little scared of this using EA origin myself . I loved mass effect 1 adn 2 , I got ME 1 on steam so no DRM on it other than steam , mass effect 2 using a differnt system other than securom so i was ok with buyign it in the box , but i really don't need another game store for my pc , i already got steam , and Ms's crappy GFWL i doubt origin can do better than those two.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Sick of EA/BioWare stressing multiplayer in ME3, Mass Effect is about single player and adding/emphasizing multiplayer in ME3 will only get the ME players pissed off. BioWare said they want CoD audience... first, that shows how low they're falling and second, they won't get it, CoD audience they're referring to is mostly a bunch of trigger-happy kids. I really hate how BioWare says that ME3 is a "good starting point" and how it doesn't matter if you've played ME1/2 or not... shows where the whole thing is going: ignore most of the decisions in ME1/2 so that the game doesn't seem to confusing to new buyers.

G

Awesome! More games should have pre release demos. It would go a long way to making Origin not suck so much if EA put up pre-release demos for every game they make. Hell BF3 should have one right now, Caspian Border map MP only, like BF 1942 with Wake back in the day.

G

Boycotting me3 until they offer a ME2 dlc bundle for pc at some kinda recuded price. Asking 2x as much for the DLC as the entire game has cost for a year or 2 now is retarded. Especially when the dlc is only mabye 1/10th the content of the game, yet they want almost 2x as much as the game itself costs.

Im not playing ME3 if i miss the rest of the ME2 story, and i refuse to pay what they are asking for the DLC. xbox 360 constantly gets dlc sales, but pc has never had a single one. PS3 got all the dlc for free except the last one.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Mass Effect is and was a good SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Adding multiplayer will just spoil the game as it orginally was without serious changes but then it wont be Mass Effect anymore would it?

G

my god you people are annoying going on about "OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD THEIR ADDING MUTILPLAYERRRR WTF ITS GUNNA SUKZ"
its like your not even reading what their saying
ITS NOT GOING TO AFFECT THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN AND ITS TOTALLY OPTIONAL

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
my god you people are annoying going on about "OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD THEIR ADDING MUTILPLAYERRRR WTF ITS GUNNA SUKZ"
its like your not even reading what their saying
ITS NOT GOING TO AFFECT THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN AND ITS TOTALLY OPTIONAL

1) Read the BioWare FAQ and you will see that it actually DOES affect SP

2) BioWare is busy promoting MP so much they're surely gonna miss out a few things in SP, and don't give me talk of a separate studio they made just for ME3 MP - that's a BS stunt

3) I'm sick of BioWare stressing importance of MP in ME3 so much... it should NOT be something to focus on so much. ME3 is not supposed to be about getting together with a bunch of friends to shoot things up together.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
No, please NOOOO! No ME3 in January... I have exams in February! BioWare do not release ME3 before April! Do not destroy our future!

Hey, STFU! :D I'm sick of waiting already! Another delay and I'm calling al-Qaeda to sabotage BW studio! :p January is only demo. Full game is March 6. Though, I can understand you... ME2 had me quite distracted when I got it...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Actually SP in ME2 was crap. It was simply bad and boring. What was great about ME2 (and ME1) was the story. I have played this game just because of it awesome story. For me it was the best interactive SciFi movie ever (much better than the childish Starwars). The story was so amazing that I was able to completely overlook the poor single player gameplay and level design. (Come on people ME2 has subpar level design and game mechanics. A true example that BioWare lacked experience in 3D shooters.)

I hope that Bioware manages to deliver the same great story as in both previous parts but also much improved single player gameplay at least as good as "Quantum of Solace". (I've played it right after ME3 and I can say that it was the complete opposite: a great gameplay and a totally shitty story).

I loved ME2 combat. It's great. You're a minority - people normally hate on ME2's storyline and plotholes.

xcomvic

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Mass Effect storyline rules! Everyone who's played ANY game can find something to pick on it if they want to, I know I can anyway. But the bottom line is that people play the Mass Effect games for the storyline. Multiplayer ME3 WILL affect Single Player ME3, that's the way the cookie crumbles this time around. Whether the "seperate" studio is real or not, whatever, if they hit this baby with a great story and learn from their mistakes gameplay-wise from their previous installments, this "final" game will be game of the year easily.

G

@ Phantom - you're still incorrect. The MP in ME3 only affects SP IF YOU WANT it to. Big difference. It does not affect the SP if you choose to disable that. Entirely optional, which means all the whinging about MP corrupting SP, etc is entirely unfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.