BioWare's SW:TOR Finally Goes F2P Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
They are trying to get more subscribers based on Disney acquiring the rights to Star Wars?? Haha... no. I'll go wave my laser pointer around, generates more fun for me than SWTOR ever did..

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I'm giving it a try for a bit if only for the story. Tried it in beta and didn't it was too bad (and I didn't get to see much either)

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I'll be playing SW:TOR again. Enjoyed the stories for the classes I played, some of them enough for me to replay them as either more dark or light or as a different role as well.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I'm only going to finish my troopers story and then im done with it. I Couldn't justify spending monthly after the 1st few months after launch. It was just SOOOO dead in-game. It felt like a SP game with a intergrated internet chat client. I had high hopes for it too. Any word if they are gunna pull a crypic and sell lifetime subs?

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]2015 huh? Quality Toms reporting as always[/citation]
I always find it amusing when people try to be grammar police, they invariably make mistakes themselves thus opening themselves to the same ridicule they show others.

It's Tom's, with an apostrophe, not Toms. Maybe not as big a mistake, but still, a mistake. Perhaps next time you should think whether or not you are perfect before making fun of others.

G

SWTOR was a fun game. It just lacked too much gamers were accustomed to at launch. How are you going to try to take gamers from games like Rift and WoW and not include a dungeon finder tool?

There were also a ton of bugs at launch. BHs couldn't finish their class quest at 50, so coudln't access Ilum, so on.

They also started with way way way too many servers. So not enough people on each one became an issue really early. No one wants to play a single player MMO.

It was a fun game. I enjoyed my 3 months with it. This freemium model though sounds like a waste of itme if you want to do anything beyond the class quests to 50. If thats all you care about though, I'd say pick it up as an RPG, and move on the moment your done. Its still solid story-telling imo.

Lmao. You're kidding right? First, it's a factual error, not grammar. That makes you the grammer police Second, in the age of smartphones and auto correct "grammar" mistakes are common and somewhat forgivable. Third, the level of expectation differs drastically between a "journalist" and a commentator. Fourth the address is "Toms". And finally "Tom's" has a well known history of poor reporting and factual mistakes. This is entirely separate from their grammar and spelling issues.

If they ever bothered to fix their horrible mistakes when pointed out it might be ok. Despite having no editor. But telling people something will happen in 2015 when it's really 2012 is rediculous, the writer should catch it if they read it. and refusing to fix it is rediculous

wikiwikiwhat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
The game was/can still be fun. You really just can't play it alone. It feels better when you group up no matter if you are going to overpower trash mobs or not. I had every class on Empire side to 50 and all of them were fun. Played all of them in Operations too so I filled every role in those. Tricky to learn considering it was my first MMORPG. PvP is ridiculous too. It can be fun but of course I have to stress, you must find a solid, head-on-their-shoulders group. I personally just played it too much and got burnt out like I do every game. It's not a terrible game by any means. It being F2P, more will realize that now.

Same old story, trying to get milk from an already drained cow.
Games like Gw dont have this problem, where you pay once and get all the contenent (i actually bought enought player slots to have 1 of each chracter and then 3 extra ones on Pre-Ascalon).
But Paying each month for a MMO... You gotta be kidding me. I never understood why people would do that in games like WoW.

I mean, its not only about the fact that you normally have a lot of work each day, but if the servers go offline for any reason, you are paying for a services that is not provided. This, in any other industry, would be considered FRAUD. But since its a game, seems like noone cares.

And then companies cry about piracy.... and laws to combat it, take down megaupload, etc.

I dont like the direction that we are headed into one bit.

colson79

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
I'm really tired of everyone thinking they deserve everything in life for free. It cost money to maintain an MMO. If you don't want to pay a monthly fee don't, it's your choice but get over it and stop bitching about it. You aren't entitled to anything.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
full ftp? of will it be guildwars f2p where you buy the game then can play for no subscription, just curious becaus ei can't find the info. I have a few low level toons on it, it was fun and i would say it is worth the $15 to buy the game but i want to find out before i actually buy the game and find out next week i could have just downloaded it for free, wouldn't mind getting a jump on leveling some of my toons, it is a pretty fun game

G

I've played over 50 MMO's and there's always something wrong with them, but this game has been the best I've tried and the only real problem is the shitty engine they used that might give you low FPS even with certain gaming laptops.

People think it's a minus when a game lacks end game content, but for me it's actually a problem if there's too much content (WoW) because it means I'll have to spend all my time on the game to actually compete.

I've missed out on a lot of games because I read reviews, but reading all the bad reviews about SWTOR I'll know not to listen to them anymore or I might miss a wonderful game.

I strongly recommend this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.