Birthday Wishes: Android Turns Five This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]bugidugi[/nom]Brit comes from the hebrew word ברית(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_mila) , its the day they cut the schlong... its another Unconscious wish from a site that fans apple unless it"s Android birthday....[/citation]
Well that is one meaning. This get dull from now on...
birth (n.)
early 13c., from a Scandinavian source, cf. O.N. *byrðr (replacing cognate O.E. gebyrd "birth, descent, race; offspring; nature; fate"), from P.Gmc.
*gaburthis (cf. O.Fris. berd, O.S. giburd, Du. geboorte, O.H.G. giburt, Ger. geburt, Goth. gabaurþs), from PIE *bhrto pp. of root
*bher- (1) "to carry; to bear children" (cf. Skt. bhrtih "a bringing, maintenance," L. fors, gen. fortis "chance;" see bear (v.)).

I really don't think anyone cares.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I'll celebrate when I get my JB update. Considering the OS was released 6 months ago and I still have no news of when I will get it.

Bad rollout scheme, one of my main problems with an otherwise great OS, with great versatility and options.

Edit: Oh...and a TERRIBLE e-mail Client. It's awful. No HTML mobile view? Really? This is an iOS feature I really miss.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I've been with you from the beginning Android... first phone was OS 2.1, then I went 3.2, and now I have the best 4.1

I must say, you've matured nicely and 4.0 was a milestone for you. 4.0 (ICS) was the first mobile OS that wowed me and the 4.1 update with project butter is a great leap forward as well. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see your future endeavours. :)

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]Get a phone that actually gets updates....like, oh say Galaxy Nexus? I have Jelly Bean 4.1 on mine, update came out what 1 month after they finalized the update. Mostly because of typical Verizon red tape BS.[/citation]

I don't think so. I don't believe I should be asking or begging please for updates for my phone. It should come as a service from the manufacturer and the developer of the OS.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]The developer of the OS does update the software, very frequently might I add. It's the phone manufacturers you should have a beef with. The amount of bloatware and custom interface they add onto the OS make it difficult (and expensive) for them to update your phone. That's why I went with the Galaxy Nexus, because it has a stock Android interface (which I love) and no bloatware beyond what Verizon requires (just the My Verizon app, and Tethering blocks, that's about it).[/citation]

The developer doesn't live in a vacuum. Non-Google Phone manufs using the android plataform are a huge component in the success and mainstream adoption of this particular OS.

There is room for google and manufacturers to work more closely together and reduce roll-out times; there is no doubt in my mind. Unfortunately I'm not reading many news regarding this matter.

That's all I'm asking and my main problem with Andriod (and a better e-mail client, pleaseee!).

Overall the system has come a long way, and I think it's got MASSIVE potential for the near future.

I wouldn't go back to iOS after using ICS these past months, I love the freedom and customisation options I'm presented with. And I love widgets and shortcuts.

Cheers from Argentina.

Despite my absolute dislike of Android, congratulations for sticking around for so long. It has come a long way from the BlackBerry imitation it once was to an iPhone-like OS that it is now.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I don't know why people don't root their Android phones. There is Jelly Bean(4.2) for my old HTC HD2 that was released back in 2009, which is provided by Cyanogenmod and other ROM developers.

I don't know why people complain constantly at the developers of their Android phones. The phone carrier you have is not required by law to give you any sort of update to the OS. On the other hand, Google Nexus devices roll out day one updates to all users possible.

Don't expect ANY carrier to give you ANY sort of update, if you want to update it, then root the phone and remove the bloatware while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS