Bit locked drive- disk read error

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Hello guys

I am in desperate need of help. I bit locked one of my drives on my pc. Recently my pc started slowing down and last night i shut it down, however it was taking considerable amount of time to shut down so i did a force shut down.
In the morning when i started my pc, windows did not boot up but stuck on "disk read error press ctrl+alt+delete".
I restarted the pc a couple of times, but it didn't start.

In the bios the hdd is detected but it never boots up. I tried recovering the os from the installation disk but it didn't show the hard drive, or found the os.

I tried test disk through a dos bootable pen drive and the drive got detected. I can go through the other 3 drives which were not locked, but could not see the bit locked drive in the analyse option ( in the test disk). However the bit locked drive shows up in another option available, but the files are not accessible and an error displays saying the partition is damaged.

I don't know what to do next. If somehow I enter the os, then i can remove the bit lock on the drive. But i am unable to do it. Please help me guys

Thanks in advance

Phenom ii 960
Gigabyte 880 gma ud2h
Corsair xms3
Corsair tx750
Asus 750ti

Wd blue 1 Tb

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

USAFRet

Titan

OK...still unsure of what you have and what is broken.

Please post a list of drives, partitions, what is on each partition, and what is inside BitLocker....

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

There are 4 partitions on the drive - C, D, E, F
C has the os and is of 100gb
D has software and Games and is of 230 gb
E Has movies and songs and again 230 gb
F the bit locked partition has videos photographs movies and stuff, which has the remaining capacity.

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

Is there a way i can remove the bit lock through dos?

USAFRet

Titan

No.
If it were that easy, it wouldn't be much good for encryption, would it?

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I have the password and the recovery key. Its just that i am unable to start the OS. Is there anyway I can start the OS, or access the drive from another PC or may be delete the OS partition and then reinstall the OS somehow?