[SOLVED] Bit of help on graphics card possibilities - Fortnite user

Aug 20, 2019
I have been upgrading an HP Pavilion p6-2317c Desktop running win10 and Fortnite.
I added a Trinity Quad-Core A10-5800K which specifies a TDP of 100W and upgraded to 12 MB memory. The box has a 300W PS. The box has an integrated video on the processor, a

Radeon graphics HD7660D.

I must admit I'm amazed at the PS needs of the top of the line graphics boards. My pocketbook is not that deep and I don't want to get into PS upgrades.

The specs on the installed PS are 300W.

First off, can I assume I have 200 W left to run a graphics board given the TDP (which I'm not sure I understand) of 100W?
And/or can someone suggest a graphics board with a form factor of
PCI Express x16 that will work and improve my son's Fortnite experience?

Thanks and good to be on the forum as this is my first post.
Allen

Solution
With that CPU, 750ti is probably plenty, if you can find a good deal, on a used one. A GTX 1050 or 1050ti, that lacks an external PCI-E connection would also work. The 1650, without the connector, could also possibly work, but those are probably above the price range, you have in mind. What is the budget?

logainofhades

Titan
With that CPU, 750ti is probably plenty, if you can find a good deal, on a used one. A GTX 1050 or 1050ti, that lacks an external PCI-E connection would also work. The 1650, without the connector, could also possibly work, but those are probably above the price range, you have in mind. What is the budget?

Solution
Aug 20, 2019
Your question about budged is more difficult than the original question. Help me out here. I've got a 10 year old whom I don't want to play Fortnite, but I realize how important it is to him so I'm backing off and allowing playing on weekends. He's always asking for V-bucks and, to be honest, we're living on my retirement SS income which is below poverty level. So on the one hand I want his limited time on Fortnite to be as good as it gets, but not so good that he gets more sucked in than he already is. There's lots more involved given that the lunch crew in middle school is all about Fortnite and so I don't want him to be odd man out there either. Any suggestions? What's a decent budget for this? I'm real good at hunting out good prices. Just got the CPU upgrade from overseas someplace. Don't mind waiting on an upgrade for some savings. Give me some advice...