Question Bit of thermal paste on Ryzen 2600 PCB

Nov 16, 2019
Hi,
I accidentally got a tiny bit of thermal paste of the PCB of my CPU. The pins are completely clean. Do you think it is safe to use it in a new build? I feel like cleaning it with a soft tooth brush and isopropyl alcohol may not be worth the risk if this bit of paste is not expected to give any problems.
FlxlQxT.jpg

Hi,
I accidentally got a tiny bit of thermal paste of the PCB of my CPU. The pins are completely clean. Do you think it is safe to use it in a new build? I feel like cleaning it with a soft tooth brush and isopropyl alcohol may not be worth the risk if this bit of paste is not expected to give any problems.
FlxlQxT.jpg
Hi,
FlxlQxT.jpg
If it's not of metallic kind, should have to problems although I would clean it anyway.

I see a lot of recommendations for rubbing alcohol and soaking. Then using a soft bristle brush. But this has the risk of bending pins.

I'd probably use and aerosol 99.9% pure alcohol spray to flush it. No bent pins and it is quick to dry. I'd prefer the aerosol to the pump spray as it would be a consistent stream and the hand pump would tend to move around when spraying.

https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Electronics/dp/B005T8PL1Q/

Edit: Just note that pure alcohol is pretty nasty stuff. Wear rubber gloves and protective eyewear. Use in a well ventilated area.