Bitcoin Investor Robbed of Cryptocurrency Blames AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerdude84

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
I don't know why he's seeking punitive damages unless he can prove ATT intentionally defrauded him. That sounds ridiculous.

Jul 13, 2018
He's seeking punitive damage hoping they will settle for the $24 million instead of the $200. Those are just tactics.

araczynski

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
the $200 million is to cover lawyer fees. i'd say this suit would be funny to watch, but I seriously don't give a F about cryptocurrency or anything that happens to anyone that enjoys gambling in it.

So, he kept $24 million protected by his phone number? And how do we even know that his number getting stolen wasn't an inside job, and that he didn't orchestrate the "theft" himself? And where do $200 million in punitive damages come from? The whole thing sounds a bit shifty, much like cryptocurrency in general.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Lol,

Good for him and this whole crypto scam. Hate people like that leeching on others, pretending they work, not contributing anything to society.
Goes for both these wannabe "Crypto investors" and people who live off others work using stock markets and alikes.

If a user needs a new sim card, they should just mail it out to their house or they should prove their identities in a local store for a more immediate solution. Doing a sim swap over the phone is too dangerous, you simply don't know who is on the other end.

evilpaul

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Punitive damages are to punish like the name suggests.

Punitive damages aren't to cover attorney's fees. You ask the court to "award attorney's fees" to cover attorney's fees.

I'm not sure how anyone's supposed to know whether or not this is a sinister conspiracy theory involving an "inside job", or somebody just did some social engineering on AT&T. My gut would say the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS