News Bitcoin's Value Plummets as Biden Mulls Nearly Doubled Capital Gains Tax

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jim90

Distinguished
Well, fudge...
I still think it'd be more productive to target companies getting big tax breaks... who may then find a way to trickle it down to consumers...
/sigh
There's just no making everyone happy.

Oh, but I can categorically state that 100% of the non-mining community will be very happy if Bitcoin & Co take a severe hit.

Additionally yes, there are indeed many more productive 'enterprises' long overdue some severe remedial tax adjustments.

Umfriend

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
If I buy something for $100,000 dollars in 1991 and sell it for $120,000 dollars in 2021, that's a nominal $20,000 profit. But it's actually an $80,000 loss, give or take.
Sorry, that makes no sense. Is the point here that you try to adjust for inflation? Is that why you use "real" gains?

TheBeastInside

Reputable
Oct 21, 2020
If you want to devalue bit coin you're going to have to prove that block chain is insecure of fallible.
Maybe global legislation around mining happens that could also change the game.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I think it is a combination of factors which resulted in the price of BC dropping. This rumored increase in capital gain tax may be one of them. But it also shows that the wealthy folks are behind the rally in prices, since they have the finance capability and/or influence to do so.