bitdefender keep showing notice message to update their software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnblack663

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Is Bit defender now, not a free software ?
I think it's not just an update you do everyday.
When I update. It doesn't just get an update where you see nothing changed,
but it actually gets this new look where I see trial icon thing.
Which looks like I have few days before I can't use it at all.
and have to pay.

Solution
Well that was kind of what I was getting at. Free doesn't have all the perks. Sometimes the perks are extra features, sometimes it's support options. I lumped them all in as "extra features" in my head when I posted. I should have stated it more clearly.

luketexas

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi, no Bit Defender is not free software.
However, you can sign up for a 90 day trial on the Bit Defender website and download an activated version with all features the paid version has.
This could potentially be done as many times as you wish.

I'd uninstall the version you've currently got, then follow the steps above to obtain the latest version activated, then after installation try updating the software again.

Not true for all free security software.

The free version of Comodo Internet Security has exactly the same system protection features as the paid for version, the only difference is that the free version doesn't include the 24/7 support options such as Unlimited Live Expert help.

Well that was kind of what I was getting at. Free doesn't have all the perks. Sometimes the perks are extra features, sometimes it's support options. I lumped them all in as "extra features" in my head when I posted. I should have stated it more clearly.

Solution

johnblack663

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Just had to wait for 14 days for the trial suggestion ends. And I thought I had to do something about my software becoming trial and ending after 14 days unless paid. Is what others told me. I guess it's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.