BitDefender Takes Down Windows 64-bit Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I used BD-GameSafe and about 3 months into my subscription I installed Windows 7 x64 and GameSafe was rendered useless. I was rather surprised that bitdifender was so nonchalant that GameSafe didn't support windows 7 x64. I reminded them I paid for a one year license and was only able to use 3 months out of it. About a month after I chatted with customer support, I received an email asking me to detail my problems. I just abandoned the case and bitdefender with it. It was my first time using them, and my last!

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]victomofreality[/nom]You get what you pay for not surprising theres buggy cracked windows copies out there.[/citation]
wat... english please

G

I too was under attack of the false positives from Bitdefender ( 64Bit). I was happy to have my (daily fresh) Acronis mirror and being able to restore my previous version of the operating system. I strongly advise everyone to buy Acronis and let it make on a mirror daily (based on a Grandfather, father, son schema) so your always have a restorable version at hand.
Bitdefender responded quickly (on Sunday) provide me with a patch solving the problem. Yes, it is not very nice to get confronted with this kind of bugs, but is still is men’s work and the risks on man failure will always be there.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Bitdefender is a poor av it use to be good but now it is in the same class as norton, norton is the worst av by far because it is so popular it is the first av attacked by viruses and trojans, its detection rate is poor for price.

Comodo internet security free beats all av's hands down:

custom dns: filters bad sites lowering chance of catching something.
Sandbox: comodo sandboxes all apps that are used on the internet.
Firewall: one of the best firewalls
antivirus: has multiple settings high detection rate
Hips : Monitors network and/or system activities for malicious or unwanted behavior and can react, in real-time, to block or prevent those activities like the execution of fake av's.

I own my own computer store every day i see nortons with fake av's, fake registry programs, trojans, backdoors and rootkits same goes for all free ones avg,microsoft security,avast. I have yet to clean a machine that has comodo internet security free on it.

There are a few reviews on youtube check them out its even better.

SevWarfare

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I use BitDefender and it almost killed my RAID0 config. Good thing for me that I had just imaged my HDD the night before do to a hardware upgrade. So I just went back to that image, uninstalled that crap=BD, and put on Nortons from my ISP. I have a 2 year subscription with Bitdefender too, but I won't be loading it until they get their act together. I was like WT2s is a Trojan.FakeAlert.5, I was pissed.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Microsoft Security Essentials does rock...free and updats with Windows Update. Could it be any better? I used to use NOD32, by why bother or pay? MS anti virus is sweet.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Hah I Have Superantispyware , Mircrosoft sercurity essentials, malwarebytes, AVG, windows defender, and adware and 2-3 are always on and mircosoft essentials is always one of them. I never ever get viruses bugs, trojans or anything else plus I my com is scanned prob 20 times an day and considering my i7-920 is at 3.65 Ghz and 6 Gig of ddr3 1600 mhz ram I don't need to worry about lagging or freezing I mean I play games with the scans going on :D

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
also I have realtime scanning of everything I am doing and I locked down my computer from everyone else on the network and other networks encrypted the router and now going to encrypt drives all with AES...no way in hell am I getting a virus of any sort or being hacked into.. only way is to physically hack through my steel case and the full thing ways 55 pounds of metal...

maxpain12

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I originally purchased Gamesafe and loved the product. However before purchasing Gamesafe I informed Bit Defender that I intend to upgrade to Win 7 x64 in a few months time. They specifically mentioned that Gamesafe is not compatible with Win 7 x64 and offered an free upgrade to Bit-defender 2010 when necessary. After the release of Win 7 I sent an email informing them that I was upgrading and in a couple of days I was issued a new license for Bit defender 2010 Antivirus. I was happy with the way they handled the matter. I am wondering if those having issues actually took the time to inquire about system requirements before installing/purchasing the software?

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]polarbear2k[/nom]Three words. Microsoft Security Essentials.[/citation]
Only problem with MSE is that it keeps sometimes freezing whole application in worst time (freeze firefox when downloading file even when its not finished yet, completely freezing total commander when copying files on backround etc)

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]kewlx[/nom]also I have realtime scanning of everything I am doing and I locked down my computer from everyone else on the network and other networks encrypted the router and now going to encrypt drives all with AES...no way in hell am I getting a virus of any sort or being hacked into.. only way is to physically hack through my steel case and the full thing ways 55 pounds of metal...[/citation]
You should realize that this is the most novice mistake possible, and leaves your computer more unprotected than if you just had a single AV running, right?

Uninstall everything aside from MSE.

cancer2

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I have Bitdefender installed on my machine at home, and it was a pretty grim Saturday night. The whole thing lasted about 3 hours before the patch came. Someone did not test the update on x64 systems, so ... this is what you get for overlooking that.
Anyway, I will continue to use BitDefender, because until now I never had any problems, it did its job well, I love the Gamer mode, and it has a very god performance overall.
Bad things happen all the time, however I have a feeling that this will not happen again with BitDefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.