BitFenix' Aegis Case Comes With LCD Logo Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykki

Honorable
""When BitFenix announced its Pandora, a Micro-ATX case with a little LCD display up front to display a logo or image, we were intrigued at the feature.""

That's only what it does? Display the logo?

hoodric

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
"It doesn't actually have an optical drive bay, but who cares anymore anyway?"

...yet for some unknown reason every build in in the 'System Builder Marathon' still has optical storage.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
That is odd they have it in the SBM if they comment like that but I still use my optical drive and put it on every build still. Just in case..

dstarr3

Distinguished
Optical drives are one of those things that I rarely use anymore, but I'd feel really uncomfortable if I didn't have one. Like... one day, I'm gonna need it, and I'm really gonna thank myself for having it.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Are we really going to turn this thread into another "OMG I need my CDROM drive". Guys, it is not a dedicated CDROM slot, it is a 5.25 slot for anything! Card reader, fan controller, etc.

But honestly, a slim external CDROM drive is $15, plug it in when you want it, and remove it when your done. Or just plug it in and sit it on top of the case can let it collect dust.

haftarun8

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
While it does seem nice, it's a bit "stylized" for my liking,and the front looks like cheap plastic. I'm still waiting for a true successor to the Silverstone Temjin TJ08-e that can accommodate more water cooling radiator configurations. That's all I would ever need.

jeffbrandt

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Wow I must be out of the loop! I still have my floppy drive hooked up and don't want to lose it. Go ahead make fun of me. But how would I install the OS without an optical drive? Help me, I'm melting ! (wizard of OZ, remember?)

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
If the case retails for $150 or above why not eliminate CD drive completely and just offer a free external one for people. As long as the OS comes on the CD you do need the drive, if MS sold all retail copies on USB stick i could see never needing one.

revernt

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Yes it is customizable.

"Hidden behind the smooth closed front panel and invisible when powered off, sits our Bitfenix ICON™ 2.8" Logo Display. It connects directly to your motherboard via an internal USB header and lets you drag and drop any color image onto the display to customize your build. We published the entire sourcecode, opening the door for developers and tinkerers to create animated and interactive ICON apps."

from http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/aegis/

Oldbutstillatit

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

Cool, thanks.

Oldbutstillatit

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

I think it's pretty cool. Wouldn't drive it down the road but, it would look cool and my nerd side wants it.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
mATX with Watercooling isn't a joke. It's a challenge, and I accepted, and conquered many years ago. Now Phasechange Cooling in an mATX. That's a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.