Question Bitfenix Whisper M 850W psu sata cable

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hello guys,
I jus finished with my new build and I wanted to try it first with the testbench with my X570 Aorus Master (without a minitor nor storage, just power) instead of installing all in the pc case and I have the aorus liquid cooler 360mm which requires 5 pin sata cable for the lsd display, however when I plugged the psu sata cable to the pump sata cable also and the aorus fan; the fan spinned for seconds then stopped (even its rgb did not lit up) and the Lcd did not lit up also at all. However, when I counted the cables for the sata connector of my psu; they were 5 but I dont know tbh if that's the correct method or no (will upload photo of the cable) and I tried to touch the pump block and I felt of small vibrations like its operating but the lcd and the fans wont spin or lit up at all.
Any suggestions please?

we have to deal with it smileys

Thanks ❤

I don't know what the focus on the 5-pin cable is. Yes. That's a five pin cable. Yes. If that's the cable that came with the PSU it is pinned correctly.

So you have... what? The PSU, the motherboard, the CPU and the AIO cooler and fans and you're trying to do a test POST with just these components outside of the case, right?

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
I don't know what the focus on the 5-pin cable is. Yes. That's a five pin cable. Yes. If that's the cable that came with the PSU it is pinned correctly.

So you have... what? The PSU, the motherboard, the CPU and the AIO cooler and fans and you're trying to do a test POST with just these components outside of the case, right?
When I plug the fan to the mobo; it spins but when I plug it to the pump; it spins for split seconds then stops and the rgb also wont lit up. The pump is getting power tho, it sucks water when I power up the test bench and when I touch the pump; it feels like small vibrations which make you feel it's working fine, but the power directly from the psu to the pump doesn't lit up the rgbs at all (however all the other components are already plugged in to the mobo (cpu, ram, etc. except monitor and storage)

Last edited: