[SOLVED] Bitfenix whisper or Seasonic focus gold

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
I'm blind here, i want to upgrade my PSU Bequiet power 8. Which is better from these 2, bitfenix or seasonic?
Btw when i look at PSU tier list, Bitfenix whisper is S tier, and seasonic focus gold Tier 1, is that true?

Solution
That's nice for them. Obviously that "group" knows next to nothing about what constitutes a quality power supply. If you want to be part of the "group", then go with what the group likes. If you want a power supply that has great quality and performance, then get a power supply that has that. It's not the Bitfenix I assure you.

When they are all having to replace their power supplies in a year or two, you'll still be using the same one with no problems in five or seven years. Or, you can be like them and replace yours in a couple of years as well.

Would you choose a bicycle over a car just because everybody else seems to be riding bicycles?

Also, if the group is that dense, might be time to find a new group.
Seasonic Focus gold. NO question. None. Forget about tier lists. They are all worthless and poorly created these days.

This is more helpful by far.

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
Seasonic Focus gold. NO question. None. Forget about tier lists. They are all worthless and poorly created these days.

This is more helpful by far.

I still cant decide because group in my country all prefer bitfenix

That's nice for them. Obviously that "group" knows next to nothing about what constitutes a quality power supply. If you want to be part of the "group", then go with what the group likes. If you want a power supply that has great quality and performance, then get a power supply that has that. It's not the Bitfenix I assure you.

When they are all having to replace their power supplies in a year or two, you'll still be using the same one with no problems in five or seven years. Or, you can be like them and replace yours in a couple of years as well.

Would you choose a bicycle over a car just because everybody else seems to be riding bicycles?

Solution

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019

Aah i see, sorry for explaining all of that for me. So for the quality seasonic is waaay better right?
Oh btw its not focus gold, but focus gold plus is it better? 10years warranty right?

Eeh you sure? But moderator prefer seasonic

Formula has more power on the +12V, is quieter and has lower ripple at higher loads then the Seasonic.

That said, they are both very, very, very close. If one was only $1 less than the other, I would take the one that was $1 less.

It's interesting that those are the only two 80 PLUS Gold power supplies available where you live.

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
A
Formula has more power on the +12V, is quieter and has lower ripple at higher loads then the Seasonic.

That said, they are both very, very, very close. If one was only $1 less than the other, I would take the one that was $1 less.

It's interesting that those are the only two 80 PLUS Gold power supplies available where you live.
Arghh, cant decide, then why moderator said quaility and perfomance bitfenix not good?
Bitfenix is cheaper in my country, but only 7 years warranty(3 years replacement if im not wrong)

A
Arghh, cant decide, then why moderator said quaility and perfomance bitfenix not good?
Bitfenix is cheaper in my country, but only 7 years warranty(3 years replacement if im not wrong)

I have no idea why anyone would say Bitfenix quality isn't good. The Formula (we are talking about the Whipser vs. the Focus Gold, right?) is made by a more vertically integrated OEM and the platform Bitfenix uses is a slightly cost down version of the same platform Corsair uses for the RMx. I have no idea why anyone would say Focus is better.

Last edited:

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
N
I have no idea why anyone would say Bitfenix quality isn't good. The Formula (we are talking about the Formula vs. the Focus Gold, right?) is made by a more vertically integrated OEM and the platform Bitfenix uses is a slightly cost down version of the same platform Corsair uses for the RMx. I have no idea why anyone would say Focus is better.
No, im asking the bitfenix whisper or seasonic focus plus gold.
Because i cant decide it, i already order the seasonic, because i guess i cant go wrong with this brand. Its okay i pay more

Ok, so maybe I was a little too strongly opinionated against the Bitfenix unit. I'll admit, I've had a disproportionately high number of bad experiences with Bitfenix products and found their customer service to be practically non-existent in the instances when it was needed. Maybe that's not the case across the board, and perhaps it's better now because the last interaction I had with them was back in like 2015, but it left a seriously bad taste in my mouth for that company and I have a Bitfenix Shenobi and and a Nova case, as well as a Fury PSU sitting on the shelf that are likely going to finally be gifted to somebody I know who wants them as I'm tired of looking at them.

I guess the platform is ok on that unit, seems I recall reading there were issues with noise levels but maybe not. I think I'd still rather have the Seasonic regardless. If something goes wrong, at least I know Seasonic is pretty good about product support and that is something I'm completely sure about, not just based on what my feelings are.

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
Oka
Ok, so maybe I was a little too strongly opinionated against the Bitfenix unit. I'll admit, I've had a disproportionately high number of bad experiences with Bitfenix products and found their customer service to be practically non-existent in the instances when it was needed. Maybe that's not the case across the board, and perhaps it's better now because the last interaction I had with them was back in like 2015, but it left a seriously bad taste in my mouth for that company and I have a Bitfenix Shenobi and and a Nova case, as well as a Fury PSU sitting on the shelf that are likely going to finally be gifted to somebody I know who wants them as I'm tired of looking at them.

I guess the platform is ok on that unit, seems I recall reading there were issues with noise levels but maybe not. I think I'd still rather have the Seasonic regardless. If something goes wrong, at least I know Seasonic is pretty good about product support and that is something I'm completely sure about, not just based on what my feelings are.
I see.. np i already ordered the seasonic. Because i cant decide it and i cant go wrong with seasonic. And it has 10 years warranty <3

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
Yes, you won't be sorry that you ordered that power supply. Either way, there are obviously better units out there, but that one is STILL a very good unit.
Ik, but im out budget, and im using r5 1600 + gtx 1660.
Aslong i can upgrade from my bequiet power 8 im happy.

My rx 480 only last 2 years, maybe because im using this cheap PSU. I already fix my rx480 and gonna sell it. Even the reapirman said : dude, change your psu ASAP, thats the main culprit your Graphic card only last 2 years. Idk is this true or not

TRENDING THREADS