• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question bitlocker on windows 10 malfunctioning

Pcstarter

Commendable
May 3, 2017
Hey!

So I decided to encrypt my drives using windows 10 bitlocker, everything was going good, the drives where being encrypted and they were on 25% or something like that. While it was encrypting I accidentally did a restart, when I booted back up I had to enter the password I made for the encryption although the encryption had not finished when I did the restart, do I entered it and arrived to the screen where I had to enter my password, I got in and about 10 second passed and blue screen, I restart and and the same thing happened. I restart again and I'm stuck on a black screen with the white rotating dots, I restart again and blue screen on the log in screen, then i got into recovery more, I had to put in the recovery keys that i got when I started the encryptions, I entered them and then had to enter my password, I know what my password is put I'm being now said on the recovery screen that my password is wrong, what do I do?

edit: Thought I'd add that in the recovery screen I cant even roll back updates or reset my computer.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY