Question Bitlocker setup issues

huliogeordio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
Having a spot of bother with setting up Bitlocker, where i was following this guide: https://www.top-password.com/blog/configure-windows-10-to-prompt-for-bitlocker-pin-during-startup/
After expericing a number of issues mainly around the following error:

1) Startup config on this computer are configured incorrectly / Resolved by Command Prompt > GPEDIT > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > BitLocker Drive Encryption > Operating System Drives and setting the following:
Enabled
Allowed checked
Do not allow TPM
Require start up pin with TPM
Do not allow start up key with TPM
Do not allow start up Key and pin with TPM
Any other combination doesnt seem to work.

I then open command promt again as admin & type: manage-bde -protectors -add C: -TPMAndPIN
whenever I try to add digits in for my new pin nothing appears, however from testing two different sets of key strokes these are being recorded and must match when i press enter.
After enabling bitlocker I then go through the set up and restart the PC and am greeted by the pin request screen, but my code does not match.

Can someone highlight where I am going wrong please, should the Pin be registering on the command prompt or be hidden. And if so, why wont it work at the Bitlocker screen?

Cheers

huliogeordio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
May have just got past the issues with the bitlocker password. However, this is set up as a password as oppsed to a pin code. Any idea how to change from a password to a pin code as this would be must easier.

Cheers in advance