[SOLVED] BitTorrent download speeds dropped after installing new copy of windows

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
I have recently installed a fres copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Lenovo Y720). Before I Installed a new copy of windows, My download speeds were fine, I was hitting my maximum download rate reliably when downloading torrents with a lot of seeders. But now, with the new copy of windows, I cant seem to download at the same speed, even though its the same torrent.

Before, I didnt need to port forward my router (its actually modem/router), but now ive tied but it seems like i failed in doing so. I dnt know how to port forward my router ( Huwaweu HG8245Q2) its therter the IPS gave us. I've tried to follow this guide, but the router there isnt the exact same model as mine, so the GUI is a bit different, and i dont know how to follow it correctly.

This is what my GUI looks like: View: https://imgur.com/43GdjSl

I've also used "Port Forward Network Utilities" to make my IP address Static.

I using LAN connection.

How can i fix my download speeds?

Solution
Do things like speedtest and steam get the proper rates. It is it only torrent it has to be a setting in the torrent program.

If it is all then I would try to get a network driver from ether lenovo or from the chipset maker of your nic. Windows many times loads the wrong drivers, they broke the wifi just last month for owners of one brand of pad or laptop.
Do things like speedtest and steam get the proper rates. It is it only torrent it has to be a setting in the torrent program.

If it is all then I would try to get a network driver from ether lenovo or from the chipset maker of your nic. Windows many times loads the wrong drivers, they broke the wifi just last month for owners of one brand of pad or laptop.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Solution

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016

My download speeds on speedtest and steam are fine, theyre both hitting max speeds.

Ive installed the LAN software on the Lenovo Support page, and it improved my download speed on BitTorrent! Thanks a lot!