Question BIZARRE Phenomenon in all my games with my GPU (Please Help)

ZachWS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I'm not sure how to start this so I'll just jump straight into it.

My games performance halves about 5 minutes into play, and alternates on and off from good performance and bad performance with streaks from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes. I have no idea why this is happening because it is completely out of the blue, I haven't gotten a new graphics card or any new components for that matter. No virus' from what I scanned, nothing out of the ordinary.

I mainly play Rocket League and my in-game fps counter constantly says 250, but my performance is horrible. It is very bizarre, but the worst is CS:GO. I got a constant 300 fps on CS on workshop servers I normally play on with medium settings, but now I get 90 fps on the lowest settings in 1920x1080.

So far I have reinstalled my drivers to my GPU, but nothing else as I didn't think it was necessary. I read online people said to reinstall your MoBo drivers but I don't want to do that until I have nothing else left to fix it.

The only thing that could have be a correlation of this starting is I installed IW4x, a Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer client, but I don't think that would cause this but I thought I would include it anyways.

Something notable as well is that in games like CS my GPU and CPU usage is almost always below 50%, here's a little VOD I took so you could see my game-play.

The only thing I think would be the issue is my monitor trying to Sync frames that aren't there since it has G-Sync enabled but disabling G-Sync didn't help, neither did factory resetting all my Nvidia Control Panel settings. I have also turned performance with batter to Highest Performance as well as in windows if that could be an issue.

I am seriously at a loss everyone and I seriously need help if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks everyone!

SPECS:

Nvidia GTX 1070 SC 8GB - Driver Version 430.86

Intel i5-8600 @ 3.1 GHz

NZXT N7 Z370 Motherboard

Gskill zTrident RAM 16.0GB @ 2400 MHz

Corsair RM750x PSU

Asus VG278 1920x1080 144 Hz

Windows 10 version 1903

ZachWS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I'm not sure how to start this so I'll just jump straight into it.

My games performance halves about 5 minutes into play, and alternates on and off from good performance and bad performance with streaks from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes. I have no idea why this is happening because it is completely out of the blue, I haven't gotten a new graphics card or any new components for that matter. No virus' from what I scanned, nothing out of the ordinary.

I mainly play Rocket League and my in-game fps counter constantly says 250, but my performance is horrible. It is very bizarre, but the worst is CS:GO. I got a constant 300 fps on CS on workshop servers I normally play on with medium settings, but now I get 90 fps on the lowest settings in 1920x1080.

So far I have reinstalled my drivers to my GPU, but nothing else as I didn't think it was necessary. I read online people said to reinstall your MoBo drivers but I don't want to do that until I have nothing else left to fix it.

The only thing that could have be a correlation of this starting is I installed IW4x, a Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer client, but I don't think that would cause this but I thought I would include it anyways.

Something notable as well is that in games like CS my GPU and CPU usage is almost always below 50%, here's a little VOD I took so you could see my game-play.

The only thing I think would be the issue is my monitor trying to Sync frames that aren't there since it has G-Sync enabled but disabling G-Sync didn't help, neither did factory resetting all my Nvidia Control Panel settings. I have also turned performance with batter to Highest Performance as well as in windows if that could be an issue.

I am seriously at a loss everyone and I seriously need help if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks everyone!

SPECS:

Nvidia GTX 1070 SC 8GB - Driver Version 430.86

Intel i5-8600 @ 3.1 GHz

NZXT N7 Z370 Motherboard

Gskill zTrident RAM 16.0GB @ 2400 MHz

Corsair RM750x PSU

Asus VG278 1920x1080 144 Hz

Windows 10 version 1903

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
How are you getting 300 fps while having a 144HZ monitor?
If you're not using gsync in your game, and in your nvidia settings or monitor settings.
You are just wasting the power of GPU on nothing.