Bizarre temperature readings

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
I am running a FX 6350 with an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 and an EVGA GTX 950 SCC graphics and so far it has been a champ! I haven't had to touch any thing to overclock as my existing games run without a hitch and acceptable FPS rates.
The strange thing is it that I get some very strange temp reading from time to time. Last night while playing Diablo 9, HWiNFO64 reported my CPU was running @ minus 118 degrees Celsius! It's not just that program that reports that but the ASUS software that came with the board also flashes up warnings as well. One time it said my CPU was at 280 degrees! I don't really pay heed to these as I know the Coolermaster cooler can not cool the CPU that much and also at those temps, I would be a Popsicle if the ambient room temp was that low.

Are AMD chips known to have issues with their sensors? As I said, I'm not overly concerned as all seems to be running well.

Solution
It could be a problem of Motherboard. It can be a thermal sensor malfunction. Because if temperatures go that high PC will automatically stop working.