Question Bizzare Crashing Issue on Ryzen+Radeon System

AramMorK

Honorable
Aug 3, 2015
So I have a pretty nice system. Ryzen 7 5800X on a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero mobo paired with 16gb of 3200 CL16 RAM. And to top it all off, I managed to snag a 6900XT for MSRP. All this to say that I should not have any issues running anything. Here is the issue: specific games will refuse to run. My computer was perfectly fine for months, but now all of a sudden R6, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered, and Doom Eternal won't run (they launch and crash) . But Sekiro, Doom 2016, Resident Evil 7, Apex Legends, and Unigine Superposition all launch and run without issue. This alone threw me for a loop, as all the games are installed on the same drive too. My cpu was overclocked manually and I had XMP on, so I of course tried to run everything stock already, but to no avail. I tried to DDU my drivers and reinstall, but no luck either. Maybe the games had all become corrupt, so I uninstalled them and reinstalled on another drive. Didn't work. At this point, I was really thrown for a loop. What could possibly cause a handful of games to crash while also allowing others to run fine? I concluded that my windows installation was borked and fully reinstalled windows and ran just R6 to see if the issue was resolved. Success! The game ran just fine. I played a match, then left to watch a movie with my family while I let steam re-download some of my other games. I came back and, of course, the same issue was happening again. Now, I have been in the game for years now, and I know a thing or two about resolving crashing issues when it comes to games, but this really takes the cake. I throw this out there in hopes that someone knows something that can help, because at this point, I am just incredibly perplexed and frustrated. Thanks for taking the time to read this huge thread, and any response is appreciated.

AramMorK

Honorable
Aug 3, 2015
O
So I have a pretty nice system. Ryzen 7 5800X on a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero mobo paired with 16gb of 3200 CL16 RAM. And to top it all off, I managed to snag a 6900XT for MSRP. All this to say that I should not have any issues running anything. Here is the issue: specific games will refuse to run. My computer was perfectly fine for months, but now all of a sudden R6, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered, and Doom Eternal won't run (they launch and crash) . But Sekiro, Doom 2016, Resident Evil 7, Apex Legends, and Unigine Superposition all launch and run without issue. This alone threw me for a loop, as all the games are installed on the same drive too. My cpu was overclocked manually and I had XMP on, so I of course tried to run everything stock already, but to no avail. I tried to DDU my drivers and reinstall, but no luck either. Maybe the games had all become corrupt, so I uninstalled them and reinstalled on another drive. Didn't work. At this point, I was really thrown for a loop. What could possibly cause a handful of games to crash while also allowing others to run fine? I concluded that my windows installation was borked and fully reinstalled windows and ran just R6 to see if the issue was resolved. Success! The game ran just fine. I played a match, then left to watch a movie with my family while I let steam re-download some of my other games. I came back and, of course, the same issue was happening again. Now, I have been in the game for years now, and I know a thing or two about resolving crashing issues when it comes to games, but this really takes the cake. I throw this out there in hopes that someone knows something that can help, because at this point, I am just incredibly perplexed and frustrated. Thanks for taking the time to read this huge thread, and any response is appreciated.
OH and I was running the beta Radeon drivers, but I did try the WHQL drivers and they made no difference.