BKF Files Archive Bit

Tim

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

Grettings!

I have an issue when trying to backup MS .bkf files with Netbackup. The
setup is strange but basically I have an HSM system that creates microsoft
BKF files for relocated data. For disaster recovery I need to actually
back these BKF files up to tape. Netbackup will get them during a full,
but will not back anything up during an incremental. Veritas says it is
because the archive bit is not set on .bkf files.

My question is, does anyone know how to set that bit on those files?

Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

How about

attrib +A foo.bkf

?
Carl

"Tim" <user@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Grettings!
>
> I have an issue when trying to backup MS .bkf files with Netbackup. The
> setup is strange but basically I have an HSM system that creates microsoft
> BKF files for relocated data. For disaster recovery I need to actually
> back these BKF files up to tape. Netbackup will get them during a full,
> but will not back anything up during an incremental. Veritas says it is
> because the archive bit is not set on .bkf files.
>
> My question is, does anyone know how to set that bit on those files?
>
> Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS