Black and white screen after changing resolution

Jay Rock

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Hello everyone, this is my problem. Today I've made a clean installation of windows 8.1, everything was fine, but when I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 my screen went black and white, I mean, I can see everything, but in black and white, as if I were on the era of black and white T.V.

The exact moment when it went black was when I pressed "ok" on the option of "detect monitor" on AMD Catalyst Control Center. This shouldn't have happened, because yesterday everything was fine with the resolution on 1920x1080 with the same things as today, the only thing is that last year when I made my fisrt installation (this is my second one) of Win 8.1 I didn't use the option "detect monitor" on Catalyst.

I've tried to change to other resolutions but it stays the same BUT when I go on "safe mode" everything works fine, I see the colors. What should I do? Can I uninstall Catalyst? Or there is an option to "erase" the detectiong of the monitor that Catalyst made before everything went black and white? Thanks you.