Black Border around New Widescreen Monitor

KrystalDragon

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Issue: I got a new monitor and it has a 1/4" black border around both sides and the top of the desktop screen. Previous monitor did not have this. The picture itself is beautiful and properly proportioned, Just that black border is irking...
What I have:
Windows 8.1
NVidia GeForce GTX 760 192-bit Vid card.
LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide IPS LED monitor
Resolution 2560 x 1080
(Previous monitor was a standard 21" Acer monitor if that matters)
I'm connected using an HDMI cable. My Acer was also connected using HDMI.
What I've done:
I've gone into the NVidia control panel, moved the scaling to Full-screen. I've also tried Aspect ratio and No scaling, none of which help. I've left at Full-screen.
Under "size" I've set overscan to 0.
I also have an option here to resize the desktop. It's at 100%.
I've updated all my NVidia drivers from Nvidia's website.
All windows updates, both critical and optional are done.
I've downloaded the software from LG's website. Messed around with all their features. Of note: Changing to a two screen layout vrs one screen makes no difference in the border.
I've dug through all the settings and everything in the monitor itself. There isn't a "tracking" type feature that I've seen on other monitors, but I can succeed in making the picture smaller, not stretching across the full screen.
My thought is that it's making room for a bezel that I don't have. I don't know how to get it to forget that bezel.
Thanks in advance for any help offered. I appreciate your time.
~Christine~

KrystalDragon

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Thank you for replying. I did fail to mention that. I have checked the screen resolution through windows itself. It's currently set to the recommended settings (2560 x 1080) But I"ve played with a few others. None of the settings, even ones that are horribly askew, go into the black border area.

Latest posts