Question Black checkerboard pattern appears sometimes, but not when gaming ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I recently upgraded from a 1060 to a 3060 and I purchased a new 1440p monitor from ASUS. Lately I have been noticing this checkerboard pattern that will pop up, usually when loading it seems, on certain apps like chrome and steam (steam just happened today)... This hasn't happened in any game that I have played, it only occurs in apps.

I really dont know what to do to fix it and I certainly dont even understand what could be the issue especially if it isnt happening in games ( I play a lot btw). Any suggestions that could help? Before I couldnt really reproduce the issue but on steam, for a few minutes, I was able to. It also isnt frequent at all which is why I can often forget about it until it happens again. Any ideas?

Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS prime b550m-a
ASUS DUAL RTX 3060 12gb OC
Samsung 870evo 1TB (OS is installed here)
Samsung 750evo 250gb (extra storage)
ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 1440p monitor

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023
yea give it a try and see how it works and definitely let me know! I really hope that it works for you because I know how annoying it can be!

Ahh ok gotcha. Yea for me its just mainly black checkers with the image as the the non black checkered box if that makes sense

Your english is actually really good!

I'm back from testing and stuff, definitely was a driver issue haven't had any visual glitches since I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics driver.

In terms of my games crashing, it was my hard drive. It is quite old and after transferring games over to my SSD they haven't bugged or crashed since. I have bought a new hard drive and everything seems to be fine for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.