Question Black Desert Online crashing with no error(please help)

Dec 25, 2019
Hi! So I've resorted to posting on here for help. So I used to play BDO over a year ago with the same PC and hardware, same everything I use today. Ever since I started playing again I've been crashing to desktop with no error. I've tried repairing the game files, did a clean reinstall, underclocking my GPU/CPU, monitoring temps for both(which neither overheated for any crash), closing programs like discord and browsers, backtracking to older drivers. Nothing has worked and it's getting very annoying. The crash times are usually the same as well, like every 19 minutes, 29, 39, 49, etc. If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! Here are my specs for my CPU/GPU as wel(if you need more let me know)l:

CPU: Intel core i7-7700 3.60GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hi! So I've resorted to posting on here for help. So I used to play BDO over a year ago with the same PC and hardware, same everything I use today. Ever since I started playing again I've been crashing to desktop with no error. I've tried repairing the game files, did a clean reinstall, underclocking my GPU/CPU, monitoring temps for both(which neither overheated for any crash), closing programs like discord and browsers, backtracking to older drivers. Nothing has worked and it's getting very annoying. The crash times are usually the same as well, like every 19 minutes, 29, 39, 49, etc. If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! Here are my specs for my CPU/GPU as wel(if you need more let me know)l:

CPU: Intel core i7-7700 3.60GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

We need your full system specifications, your system ram, power supply, etc. Also, how much vram does your GPU have? Is your operating system up to date? Did you try disabling Windows 'Game Mode' under the 'settings' tab? A whole host of things can crash a game, and 'Game Mode' could be one of them. Which antivirus programs do you have installed?

Dec 25, 2019
We need your full system specifications, your system ram, power supply, etc. Also, how much vram does your GPU have? Is your operating system up to date? Did you try disabling Windows 'Game Mode' under the 'settings' tab? A whole host of things can crash a game, and 'Game Mode' could be one of them. Which antivirus programs do you have installed?
Not exactly good with this kind of stuff since my pc is prebuilt, but there's a specs tab for the listing here if it helps https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienw...ne-memory-epic-silver/6129403.p?skuId=6129403
my power supply is a Dell 48y6d 850W modular power supply, and my GPU has 8gb. Tried disabling windows game mode and it didn't work sadly. I also have no antivirus currently installed and my system is up to date. Sorry if I'm confusing ;-;

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Not exactly good with this kind of stuff since my pc is prebuilt, but there's a specs tab for the listing here if it helps https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienw...ne-memory-epic-silver/6129403.p?skuId=6129403
my power supply is a Dell 48y6d 850W modular power supply, and my GPU has 8gb. Tried disabling windows game mode and it didn't work sadly. I also have no antivirus currently installed and my system is up to date. Sorry if I'm confusing ;-;

Check the event viewer and see what was logged at the time it crashed, if you can remember exactly when it happened. Just type 'event viewer' in the search bar, click on 'custom views', and then 'administrative events'.

Dec 25, 2019
Check the event viewer and see what was logged at the time it crashed, if you can remember exactly when it happened. Just type 'event viewer' in the search bar, click on 'custom views', and then 'administrative events'.
So this is what came up for one of the crashes(actually just happened)

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00007ffe51df9269
Faulting process id: 0x3038

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
So this is what came up for one of the crashes(actually just happened)

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x00007ffe51df9269
Faulting process id: 0x3038

Ok, this one is a bit difficult to define. So you will have to create a memory dump file so we can get more information of what exactly this could be referring to the next time your game crashes. In the mean time, what was your vram usage during gaming?

Creating a Memory Dump File

Dec 25, 2019
Ok, this one is a bit difficult to define. So you will have to create a memory dump file so we can get more information of what exactly this could be referring to the next time your game crashes. In the mean time, what was your vram usage during gaming?

Creating a Memory Dump File
I'm sorry I haven't replied in a while.. got stuck being busy with life things shortly after. My ram usage while playing is between 4500-5000MHz (assuming I'm checking the right thing in afterburner lol)

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I'm sorry I haven't replied in a while.. got stuck being busy with life things shortly after. My ram usage while playing is between 4500-5000MHz (assuming I'm checking the right thing in afterburner lol)

Well, no, you're referring to the ram speed. I was referring to how much of it is actually being used while gaming. One way you can check is by simply typing 'resource monitor' in the search bar, click on the app, and then go to the 'memory' tab. How much of your physical memory is being taken up by 'standby' memory? :unsure:

Dec 25, 2019
Well, no, you're referring to the ram speed. I was referring to how much of it is actually being used while gaming. One way you can check is by simply typing 'resource monitor' in the search bar, click on the app, and then go to the 'memory' tab. How much of your physical memory is being taken up by 'standby' memory? :unsure:
Jeez sorry I'm so bad with this kind of stuff ;-; 7000MB

Dec 25, 2019
How much vram does your GTX 1080 have and how much of it is used while gaming? Also, is your event viewer reporting anything at all?
8192MB and between 2400-2500MB are used while gaming.. I got another similar error as the first one as well in event viewer:

Fault offset: 0x00007ffa7d059269
Faulting process id: 0x1624
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ce55cb0f76ed
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 047fa06d-2f68-44f4-b1fd-1603da3696b6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Mar 7, 2020
Hey I read this thread because I was having the same problem. I made an account to reply and suggest something that improved the performance for me a lot.

If you go to settings>performance settings>optimization and then disable low power option your game should run a bit better, especially in towns. The game automatically disables this function sometimes.

TRENDING THREADS