Question Black display and no power to back ports.

Jan 13, 2020
So I recently installed a new cpu into my pc, I installed a ryzen 7 2700x from a ryzen 5 2400g. After installing the ryzen 7 the first time I got nothing, no display or anything of the sort. I just thought oh well and put the ryzen 5 just so i could work with it later. So another few days come and i put the ryzen 7 in again and i have 0 display again. I reset the CMOS and reseated it multiple times. I then put the ryzen 5 in and I got nothing with that either. I checked my motherboard manufacturers website and it is supported. I've gone as far to buy a new PSU and I've still got nothing. Today I turned it on with the ryzen 7 in and I got it to boot and install windows, and it ran fine I started it with 4 gigs of ram as a start then put in 16 after I restarted. I now have no power to the back ports and my display just won't work. Please help.

Jan 13, 2020
What MB , GPU, RAM and PSU are installed? Try taking out the added RAM and see if it will boot again with one stick. Did you buy the RAM as a 4 stick kit? I would also check all the cables and make sure the CPU fan is plugged into the correct socket.
Here's my specs
MB- Gigabyte GA-AX370M-DS3H
RAM - 16 GB 2 4 gb patriot sticks and one Tforce 8GB stick
GPU- RX 470 sapphire 4gb
PSU- 700w EVGA 80+ Bronze Certified
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
Yes I've made sure everything is plugged in and I've moved around the RAM, thanks.

So before with one stick of RAM your PC booted, when you added RAM your PC did not boot, but when you removed the RAM back to one stick it also did not boot? You did not answer my question about the RAM, but your computer specs shows, not only do you not have matched RAM, one stick is a different manufacturer. Again, using un-matched. ie RAM not bought as a matched kit, can cause your boot issues. What is the RAM type and speed you are using?

Jan 13, 2020
So before with one stick of RAM your PC booted, when you added RAM your PC did not boot, but when you removed the RAM back to one stick it also did not boot? You did not answer my question about the RAM, but your computer specs shows, not only do you not have matched RAM, one stick is a different manufacturer. Again, using un-matched. ie RAM not bought as a matched kit, can cause your boot issues. What is the RAM type and speed you are using?
My apologies, I'm not 100% sure what my RAM speed is I'll have to check when I get home. And no when I restarted the PC with 1 stick again i didn't get anything. But it turns on all of the fans run but it just doesn't POST. I've made sure all of cables on my board are plugged in. My ram type is DDR4. -Thanks