[SOLVED] Black display issue on HTC Desire smartphone ?

Spreadler

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Hi.

I have a quite old smartphone from 2016. A HTC Desire 620g. I was happy with it. Worked decent.

Last days however, started to have issues with the display. It goes black after couple of minutes. Touchscreen still works but i cant see what im tapping on the screen. I found that by turning on/off phones flashlight. If i go somewhere in the dark i can distinguish a very very low light coming from the screen. I can turn it on/off so i can tell the difference when it is powered up or not. This behaviour can be temporary fixed by removing the battery and turning on the phone again. All works fine between 6 to 20 min and then screen goes black again.

I've cleared the cache, removed the sd card, performed hard reset, but this screen issue continues to appear. It even went black in the android menu where you perform the hard reset (i let the phone like that for a couple of minutes to see what happens).
Have you guys experienced this kind of issues with your phones? Do you know what might be?

Thank you.

Solution
Seems the backlight is going on the screen. Mist likely fix would be a screen replacement, but for that phone would be better to replace it with a newer model or at least with a full working one instead of spending money on replacing the screen.

TRENDING THREADS