[SOLVED] Black Dots When Gaming

Jul 25, 2020
I recently, started having this issue where my computer will freeze and black dots would start to show up on my screen then my audio goes out and then black screens and my monitors say "No Display" something along those lines. this build is about 2 months old and just started running into problems. lastly, I have corsair ll120 Fans and they are set to yellow, but when it crashes they turn white.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
Mobo: Asrock Steel Legend x570
Storage:1 TD Western Digital SSD with a 4TB Seagate Barracuda Hard drive
PSU : Seasonic 750w 80+ Gold

What I tried
Updated Windows
Reconnected CPU Power
Remounted the GPU
Uninstalled drivers with DDU
Installed and Antivirus
Test With Different Ram
Tried a differnt PCIE Cable

I doubt it would be a failing part since the system is 2 months old. in addition, sometimes I can play games with no issues and other times it crashes right away
any advice would be helpful :)

Ed0Fb3YXgAMowzc

Solution
Looks like gpu problem.

You could try and power the gpu with two cables (use first connector of each) instead of one with two connectors. See if this helps. If not rma gpu.
The ledfan going different color might point to motherboard being the problem. Have btw latest bios/uefi?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like gpu problem.

You could try and power the gpu with two cables (use first connector of each) instead of one with two connectors. See if this helps. If not rma gpu.
The ledfan going different color might point to motherboard being the problem. Have btw latest bios/uefi?

Solution