Question black edges on my screen

Apr 29, 2019
hello there .
i have black edges on my screen samsung 24 60hz . but i connect my pc to another display and the same problem. my gpu is gtx 1060 6gb
and i'm connected with HDMI .
Thanks.

Please check your desktop resolution. To do that, right-click your desktop and select "display settings", then "advanced display settings" (this is on Windows 10).

If you tell us the model of the monitor, I could check the supported resolutions to recommend you the right one.

Reactions: Demoo
Apr 29, 2019
Please check your desktop resolution. To do that, right-click your desktop and select "display settings", then "advanced display settings" (this is on Windows 10).

If you tell us the model of the monitor, I could check the supported resolutions to recommend you the right one.
my model is c24f390 and it set to 1920x 1080

That is the highest resolution supported, so that is not the issue. When you say there are black bars, you mean all the time? Or only when running a game or a movie?

If it's all the time, you monitor could be improperly set. In the monitor setting (directly in the monitor, not on your pc), there should be a setting for "screen setup". There you should find "Picture Size" and "Screen Adjustment", try changing the settings there (take note of how it was before).

Apr 29, 2019
That is the highest resolution supported, so that is not the issue. When you say there are black bars, you mean all the time? Or only when running a game or a movie?

If it's all the time, you monitor could be improperly set. In the monitor setting (directly in the monitor, not on your pc), there should be a setting for "screen setup". There you should find "Picture Size" and "Screen Adjustment", try changing the settings there (take note of how it was before).
thank u for the replay well those lines are there in every thing but when i take a screen shot it's not there . so i'm sorry for asking it's maybe stupid but is there should be any black lines in the sides of screen cause it's on my tv screen too ? or every inch of the screen itself should be white ?

Apr 29, 2019
Have you tried plugging tbe cable into another port on your gpu? How about using a different cable
thank u for the replay well those lines are there in every thing but when i take a screen shot it's not there . so i'm sorry for asking it's maybe stupid but is there should be any black lines in the sides of screen cause it's on my tv screen too ? or every inch of the screen itself should be white ?

There should not be black bars on your desktop. There could be black bars if you are playing video that has a different resolution, but not if you are just looking at your desktop. When you say it's on you TV too, do you mean your TV is connected to this PC? Because this could affect your resolution.

Apr 29, 2019
There should not be black bars on your desktop. There could be black bars if you are playing video that has a different resolution, but not if you are just looking at your desktop. When you say it's on you TV too, do you mean your TV is connected to this PC? Because this could affect your resolution.
yes i tried my pc with 2 different hdmi with 2 different displays and the same as picture View: https://imgur.com/gallery/RpYQ73o
if u see there is black after my finger is there anything to do ?

Apr 29, 2019
Well of course not. During a screenshot the OS just go over the display ram and make a copy of what is there. Is not that hard to fill up the video ram. Black lines are EXTERNAL issues.

if u really want to show us, u will have to take a pic of it with ur smart phone and post.
yes i tried my pc with 2 different hdmi with 2 different displays and the same as picture View: https://imgur.com/gallery/RpYQ73o
if u see there is black after my finger is there anything to do ?