Black Friday Laptop Sales?60% off?

PetarV

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
I boung a laptop recently for 850 dollars.It was the best I could afford and I was very satisfied with it.I knew I could have bought it on Black Friday but I wasn't sure if they sold broken laptops then so I decided to not buy it then.Then on friday I checked the site's sales and guess what... 60% off for laptops above 1000 dollars...Wut?I found I could have bought an Acer Predator 15 (G9-593) for the same price!It has a 1070 compared to my 960m!Is that even possible or am I just being a retard?And who on Earth would sell that laptop for 900 dollars?!Do you think its broken?Do you buy your stuff on Black Friday and I'm being a dumbass not to do so?Or do you do think the same as me?

Solution
...No, that's not how sales work, at least not at any major, respectable retailer. The closest would be refurbished (something was broken, but fixed) and open box (potentially has some cosmetic damage), and in either case the product would be clearly labeled as such. Sometimes a damaged product does mistakenly get sold to someone, but you can return or exchange it at no cost (except possibly shipping).
If you're shopping somewhere that deliberately tries to pawn off damaged or defective products with no warning, you should probably stop shopping there.

PetarV

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016

Because that's how sales work.If they have sth broken (a laptop in this situation) they put it on sale.Thats not always the case of course.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
...No, that's not how sales work, at least not at any major, respectable retailer. The closest would be refurbished (something was broken, but fixed) and open box (potentially has some cosmetic damage), and in either case the product would be clearly labeled as such. Sometimes a damaged product does mistakenly get sold to someone, but you can return or exchange it at no cost (except possibly shipping).
If you're shopping somewhere that deliberately tries to pawn off damaged or defective products with no warning, you should probably stop shopping there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS