Question Black Friday or After Holidays: when to buy a new GPU?

Furi0usGe0rge

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
I'm wondering if GPU prices will drop after the holiday season, or if the lowest prices for the foreseeable future will more likely be on black Friday.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Black Friday means nothing these days. Here's why:

For example, back in October, you could've purchased an RX 7900 XT for only $720 then it crept up to $800 and now it's $740 for Black Friday. Does that really sound like a good deal to you? It sure doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Black Friday is a scam now so I would just get whatever you want when the price happens to be something you can afford rather than waiting for a fake consumerist holiday like Black Friday.

Reactions: Order 66
It all depends on why the prices are rising again. The 4090 is likely china related but the rumors on the other cards is nvidia is being greedy and have reduced production levels on things like 4070 and 4080. The tin foil hat theory is that they are trying to drive prices up so that when the 4070 super comes out early next year they an get people to pay too much for them because there is shortage of all cards.

i would say if you have cash and see a deal don’t wait. The deal right now might be amds 6000 series as they clear those out. For example, the 6800xt is supposed to be pretty close to the 7800xt, so if you found that significantly cheaper it might be a good buy.

It all depends on why the prices are rising again. The 4090 is likely china related but the rumors on the other cards is nvidia is being greedy and have reduced production levels on things like 4070 and 4080. The tin foil hat theory is that they are trying to drive prices up so that when the 4070 super comes out early next year they an get people to pay too much for them because there is shortage of all cards.
I think that it's awfully conspicuous that the prices are rising in the second half of the year as we approach US Thanksgiving and US Black Friday. The puppet masters pulling the strings of the economy aren't stupid and are very well-educated in how to make people give them their money.

Reactions: Order 66

TRENDING THREADS