wuffle

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hi forum!

I recently have had a problem that has persisted for about 2 weeks, have no idea what to do.

So 2 weeks ago when I tried loading any games(warcraft,dota2, etc) after 10 minutes, black screen/green screen appears and I couldn't do anything except for reboot computer, which did not work(I could not load windows and had to wait for a day to turn on my computer for it to load windows).
So what happened: turn on windows, load a game, green/black screen, have to wait a day to load windows again.

This doesn't happen if I don't load any of my games though, I could run my computer just fine.

So my friend suggested me to buy a new PSU, and so I did and it worked for about 3-4 days with no crashes, then the same issue appears again, except now I can load windows every time green/black screen appears.

No idea what to do, here are my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Motherboard: ASRock P55M Pro
Total memory: 4.00 GB Usable: 3.18 GB
HDD: (1) SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (2) ST3250318AS ATA Device
Sounds card : (1) ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device (2) AMD High Definition Audio Device (3) High Definition Audio Device
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
PSU: Cooler Master RP-650-PCAR 650W eXtreme Power SL

have no idea what to do now, things I tried:

run for viruses, reinstalled graphic and sound drivers, kill a baby.

help?:(

wuffle

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Did not try switching cards cuz dont have any spare one , I have googled this problem and it seems like its cuz my graphic card is screwed up badly.

I didn't load safe mode but what do you do once ur in safe mode? Reinstall drivers again?

wuffle

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Yes I can load windows in safe mode, just tried.

So I have been searching for solutions of similar problems(the so called 'vertical lines', i tried running the games again and i do indeed have the vertical lines sometimes, sometimes black screen, sometimes green screen with lines) and all of them point to a bad graphic card :(

wuffle

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Um, I can't load any games in safe mode, but not because of black screens, they just don't load at all.

Keep getting green and pink vertical lines now, and sometimes black screens, what the hell?

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

Ok, I was expecting Windows not to like it, but I was hoping against hope that it would work. So you need to boot into normal Windows and run Furmark, post temps, crashes, and any artifacting. Should have thought of that last night.

Also we should run memtest86+ a couple times over to make sure.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

When you reinstalled them, did you do a clean install or did you install it right over. If you didn't do a clean install you should run a driver cleaner (MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ALL ESSENTAIL DRIVERS BEFORE YOU DO THE WIPE, ie: Graphics, Internet cards, etc), reboot and reinstall the drivers.