[SOLVED] Black Horizontal lines on screen only shows up when playing Doom Eternal.

Mar 26, 2020
I recently started playing Doom Eternal and black horizontal lines show up on my screen usually during times with relatively high action happening on screen. They flicker, move vertically, and span the entire screen. They haven't shown up playing any other game recently. I have an Nvidia GeForce 1050ti graphics card and a 60hz monitor using HDMI. This monitor is relatively old and beat up and I dropped it moving it once but I'm not entirely sure whether or not a bad monitor would create a game-specific problem. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Does anyone know a way to fix it?

Mar 26, 2020
Apparently, from what I read in this reddit thread, it's due to the latest Nvidia drivers (445.75); apparently if you roll back to the previous drivers, it fixes the issue (I'm also experiencing it, but haven't tried the fix yet).

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/fogm8s/black_bars_flickering_in_fights/
The problem with rolling back drivers is that then it doesn’t even allow me to play the game without them. Edit- I was rolling back to the wrong driver did the right one and it seems to work. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS