[SOLVED] Black Horizontal lines on screen

Jan 16, 2021
Black Horizontal lines are appearing on the bottom part of my screen, first it was a thin black line, now there's two of them.

Solution
alright well, as I said, you can test the monitor itself by using another device (such as a game console) that uses HDMI with the same cable.
That way we can narrow it down to one of three things:
HDMI cable.
Monitor panel.
HDMI port on the monitor.
(or perhaps a combination of the above)

But if using a different device yields results that say it's not the cable or the monitor, then we have to look at either the GPU/HDMI port on GPU or the drivers as the culprit.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Can you provide a picture (can use image hosting site like imgur or postimages.org) as well as explain how you connect to the monitor with what cables and graphics hardware as well as what all connection types the monitor supports.

As a quick thing to test, if you are connecting via HDMI, and have another HDMI device (like a game console) then connect it to the monitor and see if the lines are still there to help determine if it's the monitor itself that is faulty.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
alright well, as I said, you can test the monitor itself by using another device (such as a game console) that uses HDMI with the same cable.
That way we can narrow it down to one of three things:
HDMI cable.
Monitor panel.
HDMI port on the monitor.
(or perhaps a combination of the above)

But if using a different device yields results that say it's not the cable or the monitor, then we have to look at either the GPU/HDMI port on GPU or the drivers as the culprit.

Solution