Black infinite loading screen

toot12311

Reputable
May 28, 2015
I left home for 10 mins computer was fine I turned it off to leave now I come back and turn it on and it boots into a black loading screen.
Shows my mobo logo then shows windows like normal then goes blue then goes to a blank black loading screen for all eternity.
never had any issues with my pc or windows until now

Solution

toot12311

Reputable
May 28, 2015

i let it run for a long time still nothing nothing has popped up screen just flashes everyonce in a while but thats it
i even tried starting in safe mode was just a black screen nothing ever showed up.
the hard drive im using is from 2011 but i didnt see any signs of it just dying like that if thats what happened
i tried to system restore and it says some error code and that the memory couldnt be found or something so idk

Embwin

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

I am dealing with the same problem. I think it may have to do with my graphics card as when I looked at it the fans were not spinning. I unplugged it and replugged it and the fans started working again. But still no luck with getting to my log in or home screen.

toot12311

Reputable
May 28, 2015

To fix mine I had to reinstall windows I looked more into it and its called the Windows 10 Black Screen of death
its caused by a windows update thinking you are using integrated graphics or something like that its complex and I cant remember it all but reinstalling windows worked fine

Solution