Black margin on the right in dx10/11 games

G

I have a laptop with hd6770m gpu and 1366x768 display with latest drivers installed on the system. I am facing this problem where I get a half a inch wide vertical black portion on right border of my screen in dx10/11 games in full screen. This is causing problem especially with RTS games where my mouse clicks on a bit left of where it appears. Looked up google and found there is a common underscanning issue with ati cards which corrected by changing display resolution and refresh rates. But the issues I found are related only to desktops and I dont have these settings on my ati CCC to change resolution etc. Anyone having info on fixing this problem?

G

yeah, I got it from the laptop maker's site, hp. I looked for it on amd site aswell but it asked me to go to laptop maker's site for the driver.

G

I dont think it is a screen problem, since like in dirt 2 if I change resolution inside the game to 1360x768 from 1366x768, it goes full width for that session. But when I close again restart the game the black border returns.