Question Black Monitor, Rarely show display

Jun 12, 2020
Hi! so this is my first post here on Toms, so im sorry if my writing sucks but im going crazy over here!

So i am dealing with a few years old PC and the first problem i was having was that my PC went into instant bootloop all fans started and increased speed for about 3 seconds and mouse+keyboard light up, and then PC restart, over and over, without any monitor display. it was completly black. but the monitor itselfs works perfectly on other computers. BUT once in a while, after an hour of bootloops it could start up and it worked perfectly, like i was hallucinating the problem.. but after a while i decided to read on forums and got tips to try to reinstall windows because of corrupt OS, so i tried that.. but i forgot that the installation needs to restart alot for the installation. so when it restarted for the installation it went into 3 secs boot loop.. and insted of once in a while start up.. it got into windows "install" logo and froze. so after more reading i started to check the Motherboard and there was no light showing, UNLESS i pulled the power cable on the PSU then a RED light flew around for a second. so also checked the CPU and it looked fine, no bent pins. so i bought a new Motherboard, put it in, and i was actually YES ITS working! first try it took me to the BIOS! and could se temperatures was 34-35c, so i pressed "load default and restart" and then the hell started over.. But it wasnt the same error.. this time it actually boot up but with no display and it Restarts after 10-15 seconds running, and afterward it boots up and it just run as it was working but with no display, not even with text NO SIGNAL. but once in a while after many Manual restars it gives Display, and i can get into bios again. i got into Boot with my linux USB and installed linux on harddrive and it said "restart computer" so i did because i thought maybe all i need is a operating system.. well i was wrong..

Can someone please try to help me ? by the way! By the way! i tried Switching PSU when my boot loop problem was active. and my "working pc PSU" also restarted on my " Bad PC" and my BAD computer PSU worked fine on my Working pc

I take all the tips i can get!

Anyway.. sorry for bad writing, my main language aint english and im a caveman when it comes to writing..

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

To me, it looks like the PSU is failing and would need a replacement. You can get a hold of a unit from a neighbor or friend to see if that resolves the issue.

Jun 12, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

To me, it looks like the PSU is failing and would need a replacement. You can get a hold of a unit from a neighbor or friend to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you for replying!:) i appreciate all help i can get and will try to answer all questions!,me myself aint really good at components so i bought this pc few years ago from a friend

CPU : i5-4690K

Motherboad 1 ( Boot loops) GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0)

Motherboard 2 (Test board) MSI Z87 G-55

Ram: 8GB (2x4gb) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb

GPU: directcu ii

PSU: Supvernova 750 g2 (Plus 80 Gold)

OS: Manjaro linux ( i installed it today from usb - havent been able to get into it since i removed usb after install )

PC house : Antec gx500

CPU cooling : Cooler master Hyper 612S CPU

Jun 12, 2020
Update: I finally got into my OS last night and was able to install drives and play around, and i actually restarted it, and it went into that mode " restart once, startup again " and actually went into OS after that. so i put it in sleeping mode before bed and i was hoping that would make so i could just wake it up and keep using it. IT didnt work! it was like he was " dead" so i had to power on and now i need to restart it untill i get into a lucky boot!

Overall feeling inside OS - maybe abit more tired than i can remember, but not Super tired., but it maybe because of a less good motherboard and higher demanding Operating system on this old computer? or is it just another sign of hardware problem?