[SOLVED] Black Ops 3, Crashing On startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2020
I've bought this game last year and i had so many problems trying to launch i havent touched it until now. As i cant get my refund anymore i at least want this game working.

TLDR: No troubleshoot has worked, Game dosent launch.

I have tried all troubleshooting methods and i still get the same problem where i start the game, it tells me "Game failed launching, would you like to boot into safe mode". After that the message either disappears on its own or it does nothing.

So far ive tried:
Putting the whole BO3 folder into antivirus exception list
Booting in Clean Boot
Verifying game (x14)
Reinstalling the game on 2 different hard drives(x4)

I havent booted the game a single time successfully. I do not have a config file within my BO3 folder. The furthest ive gotten is to see the first 2 seconds of the startup cutscene before it crashes.

I do not have any Razer applications, I do not use NZXT Cam. I have even tried it on 2 different systems. I had this game before i upgraded my PC and it still didnt work then.

My Current specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
2060 Super 8GB
16GB 3200mhz Ram
2 Monitors
Corsair Strafe Keyboard
Avira Antivirus Software

My Specs before the upgrade:
I5 7600k
1050ti 4GB
16GB 2400mhz Ram
2 monitors
Corsair Strafe
Avira Antivirus

And before you say anything, Yes i have researched on google and they are all from 2017 and none of them have helped me. Ive been through at least 30 threads and all of them are solved by Antivirus issues or Razor Incompatibilities.

I have currently uninstalled the game as i don't want to waste 100gb of HDD space on nothing. If anyone can help me play this game it would make this quarantine go by much faster. I own this game on Steam if that helps.

Apr 9, 2020
Update
After downloading the game about a year later, I still have the same issue. However, this time on the first launch attempt i managed to sit through the entire loading screen until the Activision Name popped up and the game crashed. After that, the game now completely refuses to boot or even give me the "Would you like to boot is safe mode" message as before.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
After constant troubleshooting today i found out these issues.

After upgrading my PC and reinstalling windows, it seemed to fix the issues i had with my old system. However the main issue was my Actual Multiple Monitor Software that i had always running because i like the features it has. Disabling this software allowed me to actually boot the game. After some more testing i realised that it was not me owning 2 monitors but the software itself was the issue.

I can now play BO3 with both monitors active while the Actual Multiple Monitors software is disabled.

Still what bothers me though, was that i booted in clean boot mode and the software was disabled but still it gave me the same results. Maybe a normal boot with that software disabled is what did the trick, but that was the main issue all along.

I hope others can find this useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS