Question Black Ops 3 seems to be using integrated gpu even though high performance is selected for the game ?

Jan 6, 2022
I have pretty decent specs, I have a Asus ROG Strix G17 3070 laptop, but the game runs badly, dropping to 30 constantly even with all settings turned off or to the lowest. The issue seems to be that the game keeps using the AMD integrated GPU, even when I have it set in NVDIA control panel and in the windows graphics settings to use the NVDIA GPU. Anyone know what to do here? Updating the drivers seemed to not do anything to help either.

Jan 6, 2022
I have pretty decent specs, I have a Asus ROG Strix G17 3070 , but the game runs badly, dropping to 30 constantly even with all settings turned off or to the lowest. The issue seems to be that the game keeps using the AMD Integrated, even when I have it set in NVDIA control panel and in the windows graphics settings to use the NVDIA GPU. Anyone know what to do here? Updating the drivers seemed to not do anything to help either.

Lutfij

Titan
Try using DDU to remove all your drivers, then manually reinstall the latest Nvidia driver for your laptop(after downloading it from Nvidia) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your OS, what are you working with? 10? If so, what version(not edition) are you on for your OS?

Jan 6, 2022
Try using DDU to remove all your drivers, then manually reinstall the latest Nvidia driver for your laptop(after downloading it from Nvidia) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your OS, what are you working with? 10? If so, what version(not edition) are you on for your OS?
Im using Windows 10 21H1, and also how do I use DDU? I found the program, do I just run it disconnected from internet, then uninstall the driver and reconnect, download from geforce and thats it? Just want to be safe haha

Jan 6, 2022
S
I got around to trying this, and it didnt seem to work :(, i even tried uninstalling the amd drivers, but that didnt work either. Laptop keeps wanting to use the AMD integrated driver GPU no matter what.

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
S

I got around to trying this, and it didnt seem to work :(, i even tried uninstalling the amd drivers, but that didnt work either. Laptop keeps wanting to use the AMD integrated driver GPU no matter what.
Check if you PC has Nvidia Control Panel. A lot of the time the PC will auto select the iGPU as the preferred/main GPU however you can alter this both for the PC overall and specific Applications.
If it does have Nvidia Control Panel go to: Manage 3D Settings and in the Dropdown for "Preferred Graphics Processor" select your Nvidia card under the Global settings tab. Often though for it to swap for specific programs you want to go to the other tab "Program Settings" and select your Nvidia card for your desired game(s).