Black Ops Sucked?

Did black Ops meet your expectations?

• Yes

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Kinda - Was fun, but nothing new here.

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

Adroid

Distinguished
Black Op wasn't that good in my opinion. I bought it since they added dedicated server support again, but overall I was unimpressed.

It all honesty the multiplayer was like Call of Duty Vietnam on crack with lots of lag to add.

I think the level design is freaking horrible. The speed of the game is too fast, and the levels are so small you can forget about ever using a sniper rifle. Battlefield bad company 2 has a much better wargame feel.. Levels are more open, people don't run so insanely fast that you can actually snipe them if you are good.

I played black ops multiplayer for a couple hours yesterday, and I would shoot people a few times in the chest to have them run straight through my bullets and knife me. That is lame if you ask me.

This game is more like a nadespam crack addict arcade style spray and pray than it is any form of methodical tactical shooter.

The single player wasn't so bad, but overall I am completely unimpressed.

What you guys think?

Tillman32

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
IMO, the single player was FUN!! Couldn't get off the PC I had to beat it - Best Story line in a shooter Ive played. Haven't played online yet

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
^agreed, campaign is good, but the multiplayer is just annoying, knifing is just too easy still, and i MUCH prefer 'open' maps than compact small ones.

Pity...

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Still waiting for the retail version (PC) to hit the stores/ eBay, so can't say. The Steam version is like $60/ 2500 Rupees right now. When the retails launch, they're available for like 900-1000 rupees.

Let's see....if I get too darn desperate then I'll buy it off Steam only. Till then, gonne be hunting online for a retail version. :)

The game was made by Tatriarch; what was everyone expecting?

Its a bug filled mess, and the way they designed multi basically means unless you're an a elite player, you're going to get killed, at lot (Aim assist? Are you $^@*^ kidding me?!?!?!).

Wolvan

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Black Ops doesn't suck. I haven't played the single player yet, but have been doing multiplayer. They released a patch yesterday which really helped game performance. Is it the game to end all games? No. But its fun and different the CoD-MW that we have been playing for years (My clan skipped MW2). We wish we had more control over our rated server and can't get Rcon running yet, but we will.

And is ANY new game not have bugs? If you want to play on release, expect it. Over the next few weeks alot of them will be cleaned up. I'm not thrilled about having to use steam, or server's not showing up on the list for many players, but things will get better.

We do like the way you buy gear/weapons upgrades etc. Its a fresh feel to it.

And aim assist? Maybe on the consoles, but that is consoles so who cares. Nothing on the PC.

The maps are a bit small, especially Nuclear Town. Hopefully some the map packs will give bigger maps.

Adroid

Distinguished
Well most maps you can get constantly spawn killed (usually shot or stabbed in the back at that), and sniper rifles are pretty much a useless commodity. I think the level design is pretty poor.

I guess I'm just coming to the conclusion that I'm a battlefield guy. Call of Duty series has been a big disappointment since Modern Warfare 1 for PC guys.

Bad company 2 is a much better multiplayer experience in my opinion. I feel like bigger maps make kills more deliberate and require more skill. The destructable environment makes it so much fun. Experiences of people sticking C4 on the side of the building where a sniper is hiding out, then blowing the entire side of the building open (and splattering the sniper of course) are priceless. Knifing is still a very effective tactic, but its less likely to happen if someone shoots you several times while you are running straight towards them with a knife (which is more than I can say for black ops).

Back to black ops, I finished the single player, it was a fun action packed ride, beautiful graphics, but I wouldn't pay 60$ for a single player campaign like that.

The multiplayer is where its at for shooting games for me, and overall I find black ops to be lacking. I see more weaknesses than strengths, and the strengths that are there have been done before...

Adroid

Distinguished
And one last note.. Black ops won't be getting another dollar from me in hopes of the new map packs being improvements. This game was going to really have to grab me for me to be willing to buy the upcoming map packs.

My solution of disliking the current maps is not going to be paying more money in hopes of the new maps coming out being better.. I'll save my cash for battlefield 3.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I was a little dissapointed. It has a TON of problems, and I still haven't successfully played multiplayer. and once you beat singleplayer, there isn't much replayability. zombies is nice, but a LOT harder than before...

williamclee

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I have never liked any cod or moh like fps games so black ops didn't do any difference. Instead of mindless ramboing, I prefer ARMAII/Arrowhead or any OFPs. This is just my opinion thou cuz i don't like such games.

Lee

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
^Hey martin what kind of framerate you got?Any stuttering small or big?
It's weird, it stutters BADLY in the first 30 secs of gameplay, but then it gets better and better until I don't even see it anymore after about a minute... however, there are definitely some bugs with the framerate, 'cause It can go from capped at 91 (for some reason) down to 65-50 and then jump back to 91... very strange, but not noticeable.

blackhamachi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
it was really fun, i vae enjoyed single player but it was short very shot!!!
for the multiplayer i dont see that special tho, nothing new, small maps easy kills, i preffer to stay on cod4 than cod7, the patch is out and i see performance after...over all 8/10

neil2108

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Am running at full detailing mate..with the resolution to 1920x1080..
i have crossfire hd4870..but this game requires more CPU strength than gpu strength..that's where my phenom x6 is coming into play..whoever s got a stronger CPU get to play this game better.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
yeah. Black Ops is a piece of work when it comes to coding. However, as far as I know, the game does not support hex core cpu's so you're not helping it much in that aspect. Try overclocking to 3.6+, I have my phenom @ 3.8 and I get ~90fps after the new patch.

neil2108

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Mate u getting any heating issues at 3.8+???what heatsink are you using..the stock fans makes a hell lot of noise...

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Well, if you keep the standard heatsink (which is very poor) then you might end up with a crispy little chunk of cpu at 3.8... but I grabbed a cooler master hyper 212 plus. It's 120mm and ONLY $30! my max temp at 3.8ghz is 43c.

neil2108

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

thanks mate..i was thinking of getting a zalman heatsink and fan..the leds on zalman are real sexy..saw it at a friends house..

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Here are my issues.

1. No custom maps. Crysis had infinite custome maps people made and some are pure win.

2. Me and my friends get put on different teams half the time, and no way to change that.

3. The lag for me is terrible, even when I have a ping of 40-50 I still see myself being shot in the kill cam before I started firing even when I was firing...BS!

Maps are meh, after crysis, the maps just don't seem inspired.

It's "Treyarch" actually, no wonder you get confused with graphic cards. :pfff:

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

I gotta agree with you... I loved the maps in crysis... the sandbox editor made all the difference... I've played maps where it was zombie survival to a map where it was a giant kitchen and the players were the size of ants in a kitchen... just amazing.

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
OH SPAWN KILLED, I like to call it "spawn rape", last night I must have died 4 times in a row when I kept spawning then literally 1 second later I would be dead from the helicopter overhead. It happens too often in this game.