Black Screen (2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3)

simpl

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
I'm have a pretty big problem. When I turn on my monitor, nothing happens. Computer had just blue screened a few minutes before, so I updated my mobo drivers. Instead of restarting, I just put it in to sleep mode and went to eat dinner. I came back, and now the monitor won't display anything.

Some further info: i5 2500k CPU OC'd to 4.3 GHz(never changed vcore, could be why I blue screened), CoolerMaster 212+ cooler (temps never went over 40C under load). I really wish I could remember what the Blue Screen error was, but since nothing happens when I turn on the computer, I can't tell you. I'll try replacing a couple components to see if I can get it working, but for now, I don't know what the source of the problem is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

P.S.
Other components: 2x2gb XMS3 DHX Corsair RAM, Asus GTX 460 768mb

Solution
I have same set up. You have to reset the BIOS by taking out the battery from the MB, then wait for 5-10 min. And put it back in there. Now you are ready to go.

I set the CPU Vcore at 1.3V, and multi-steps Load-line at 3. I do OC my at 4.0GHZ.

simpl

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
I have experienced 2 other blue screens before this, but one was memory related, and the other wasn't the same as the last. It's been running at 4.3 for about 2 weeks now, no problem.

I have same set up. You have to reset the BIOS by taking out the battery from the MB, then wait for 5-10 min. And put it back in there. Now you are ready to go.

I set the CPU Vcore at 1.3V, and multi-steps Load-line at 3. I do OC my at 4.0GHZ.

Solution