Question Black screen. 3 beep sounds. Upgrade CPU

Dec 19, 2019
Hello. My English is not good of I will make any mistakes sorry in advance. Couple days ago I bought CPU an Intel core I 3-550 then replaced with Intel pentium B960. Now Iam having black screen on pc and infinitive 3 beep sound.

we need motherboard model.
beeps means eror code, but EACH producent have their own error code table:
EXAMPLE:

The following are basic beep codes for the ASUS M4A88T-M motherboard:
  • 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps is a memory issue. Reseat the RAM and reboot.

Dec 19, 2019
EXAMPLE:

• 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps is a memory issue. Reseat the RAM and reboot.
Hello. My English is not good of I will make any mistakes sorry in advance. Couple days ago I bought CPU an Intel core I 3-550 then replaced with Intel pentium B960. Now Iam having black screen on pc and infinitive 3 beep sound.
EXAMPLE:

[/QUOTE
I've checked official dell site out to find out what that continuously 3 beeps . This error code means that :
Beep codes can be used as diagnostic indicator.3 beeps indicates system board failure.
It may involve any of the following failure :
Chipset Error (North and South bridge error, DMA/IMR/Timer error)
Time-Of-Day Clock test failure
Gate A20 failure
Super I/O chip failure
Keyboard controller test failure

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not going to work.

The Pentium B960 is a mobile processor for laptops, and as a Pentium it's 2core/2 thread. The i3-550 is a lga1156 desktop processor. At 2core/4 threads.

If anything you went backwards in ability, but the sockets are totally different and incompatible. To replace an i3-550 you'll need any first generation Sandy-Bridge Lga1156 cpu.

Reactions: Rdslw
Dec 19, 2019
Not going to work.

The Pentium B960 is a mobile processor for laptops, and as a Pentium it's 2core/2 thread. The i3-550 is a lga1156 desktop processor. At 2core/4 threads.

If anything you went backwards in ability, but the sockets are totally different and incompatible. To replace an i3-550 you'll need any first generation Sandy-Bridge Lga1156 cpu.
Thanks for you comment. If looks like you have got big experience about all of it. If you don't mind can you help me or give me a link that could upgrade my cpu family ?

Dec 19, 2019