Question Black screen Acer Aspire 5560G

Oct 30, 2019
Hello,
I was repairing a laptop because the person couldn't login on windows 7. So i installed Windows 10 on the laptop. Everything went fine, I did the Windows 10 updates and I restarted the laptop but the screen turned black. No bois, nothing. The backlight isn't even turning on but the fans are spinning. I tried to plug it into an external monitor but that didn't work. It worked again for a second but after a restart i got the same issue. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Hello,
I was repairing a laptop because the person couldn't login on windows 7. So i installed Windows 10 on the laptop. Everything went fine, I did the Windows 10 updates and I restarted the laptop but the screen turned black. No bois, nothing. The backlight isn't even turning on but the fans are spinning. I tried to plug it into an external monitor but that didn't work. It worked again for a second but after a restart i got the same issue. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I have this same issue with my acer 5532. however it only has windows 7 on it. blank screen, no backlight on the screen, no hdd activity..

I have tried the following:
  • bios hard reset
  • boot with/without hdd
  • boot with/without cpu
  • boot with/without original and different memory modules
  • boot with/without battery
  • boot with different power adapter (matching voltage and amperage)
  • boot with/without an external monitor
  • boot with a windows 7 /8/10 usb drive to try a fresh install.
  • boot with a windows 7/8/10 dvd disc
nothing has worked so far..

have you found any resolution to the problem?

TRENDING THREADS