[SOLVED] Black screen after 15~40 minutes whenever a game app is open

Jan 10, 2022
Hello everyone! I wanna ask you for help with something that is happening to my pc.
I have a Ryzen 7 5700G, 16 GB RAM (3600 MHz). DOCP is active.

Whenever a game app is open, the pc will freeze and I get a black screen after 15~40 mins. It doesn't matter if it is a demanding game or a simple one, as long as it's 3D. When the screen turns black i'm forced to reboot the pc using the reset button.
Stressing the components using a stress test software doesn't cause any crashes. The crashes only happen if a game is running.
Sometimes my radeon driver will show a message saying "driver crashed and was recovered" or driver timeout.

I've tried reinstalling video drivers in every way possible, none of them worked. I've also tried deactivating DOCP. It didn't work.

Has this happened to any of you too? I don't know what to do to fix it.

Any suggestions besides reinstalling drivers?

Reactions: Mr. Smith
Jan 10, 2022
Hello everyone! I wanna ask you for help with something that is happening to my pc.
I have a Ryzen 7 5700G, 16 GB RAM (3600 MHz). DOCP is active.

Whenever a game app is open, the pc will freeze and I get a black screen after 15~40 mins. It doesn't matter if it is a demanding game or a simple one, as long as it's 3D. When the screen turns black i'm forced to reboot the pc using the reset button.
Stressing the components using a stress test software doesn't cause any crashes. The crashes only happen if a game is running.
Sometimes my radeon driver will show a message saying "driver crashed and was recovered" or driver timeout.

I've tried reinstalling video drivers in every way possible, none of them worked. I've also tried deactivating DOCP. It didn't work.

Has this happened to any of you too? I don't know what to do to fix it.

Any suggestions besides reinstalling drivers?
SOLVED - I updated my BIOS firmware and now all my problems are gone. The BIOS firmware that existed in my motherboard was older than the 5700G.

If anyone has a similar problem, try updating your BIOS. It worked for me.