[SOLVED] Black screen after BIOS update

Bhathiya

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
I purchased a new Asus Prime H510M-A Motherboard l, i5 11400 CPU and a Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB RAM, brought them home and fixed yhem to my Existing Casing with my previous PSU, HDD and DVD Drive. Formatted the HDD and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Installed the drivers and utilities from the Motherboard DVD, everything was fine until the Asus EZ Update utility showed that there is a BIOS update.

I proceeded with the update, PC restarted once the Update reached 100% the PC restarted and it was only a black screen. The PC automatically restarted after a few seconds for several times and then it keeps on running continuously still with the black screen. After i tried removing the motherboard battery leave it for a while and reinstalling nothing happened, the system was behaving the same but after few attempts and leaving the battery out for few hours and reinstalling displayed the BIOS screen saying "Please enter the setup to recover BIOS setting. After setting up Intel (R) Optane Memory or RAID configuration was built for SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues. Press f1 to continue and take advantage... and the message continues.

I reset the BIOS to defaults, saved settings and restarted but it remained the same. Exactl same scenario happens no display at all. After managing to get the BIOS screen again i downloaded the latest BIOS from the Asus website and reinstalled using EZ Flash the update completed 100% but the system still remains the same. Can someone suggest me a solution for this.

System Specs:

CPU : Intel i5 11400
Motherboard : Asus Prime H510M-A
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200
PSU : Aero Cool KCAS-600W
HDD : 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Casing : Cougar Solution

Last edited:
Solution
I had a similar issue when updating the BIOS on my MSI Tomahawk B450. I know its a different mobo and such but the issue for me was literally the new bios. The new bios was making my system think that my RAM was not working properly which wouldnt let the PC start up. This issue was fixed in a later bios update I guess.

But at the time, all I did to fix it was download the previous bios to a usb stick and reflash the bios back to the previous version. Then it was fine. Maybe you could try something like this. Try going to the website and downloading the older bios and if your mobo allows USB bios flash, then put it on a USB and try flashing it back.
I had a similar issue when updating the BIOS on my MSI Tomahawk B450. I know its a different mobo and such but the issue for me was literally the new bios. The new bios was making my system think that my RAM was not working properly which wouldnt let the PC start up. This issue was fixed in a later bios update I guess.

But at the time, all I did to fix it was download the previous bios to a usb stick and reflash the bios back to the previous version. Then it was fine. Maybe you could try something like this. Try going to the website and downloading the older bios and if your mobo allows USB bios flash, then put it on a USB and try flashing it back.

Reactions: Bhathiya
Solution

Bhathiya

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015

Thank you for the suggestion, i have already downloaded the Oldest version of BIOS i could find on the Asus website and have made a USB drive ready with it. Keeping on trying removing the battery and reinserting in hope that at some point i would be able to get the BIOS setup screen but unfortunately have failed until now. Will keep on trying.. really hope that it would work. I could have easily taken the MOBO to the retailer and got it sorted the only problem is that we under a lockdown stage and only essential services are allowed. Thanks again.

Latest posts